Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Putting her away for winter
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mramber
Another great year of enjoying the adrenaline rush from my 914! Have a good slumber honey, I'll wake you up next spring!

Click to view attachment
forrestkhaag
Can't imagine what the heck you are talking about........ It was close to 90 today and two clouds were reported being seen over near the Arizona border.......... If we are lucky, it may rain an inch this "winter"............ what I wouldn't give for some fall color, a few seasons, and s flat parking lot with no obstructions covered in black ice........

Maybe that is why your car looks so good ... it is rarely driven....
poke.gif beerchug.gif
rudedude
I put mine away today also in minneapolis area sad but hopefully i'm around in the spring to get them out again. Years past we've had 2 feet of snow by now.
JRust
Mine isn't put into complete hibernation. I take it out on a nice clear days over the winter months. They are few & far between though. I will be pulling my drivetrain soon. Which will mean no driving for a few months though. It's the right time of year to do that motor upgrade chowtime.gif
TheCabinetmaker
Winter? What's that? Oh! It's that 3 weeks in February when it gets down to 33°
74ravenna
"what I wouldn't give for some fall color,"

Fall color this year was like no year I've ever seen. Mesmerizing color, even the oaks look great!

I put mine away in october, october of 2014 and its still there.
mramber
QUOTE(forrestkhaag @ Nov 13 2016, 06:25 PM) *

Can't imagine what the heck you are talking about........ It was close to 90 today and two clouds were reported being seen over near the Arizona border.......... If we are lucky, it may rain an inch this "winter"............ what I wouldn't give for some fall color, a few seasons, and s flat parking lot with no obstructions covered in black ice........

Maybe that is why your car looks so good ... it is rarely driven....
poke.gif beerchug.gif

Hmm, I grew up in Arizona. I loved the fall colors when I first got back to MN, but now I'm thinking about moving back the southwest to enjoy and drive the 914 year round. Time will tell. Thanks for the compliment on the car, it has many imperfections close up, but I love her dearly!
jmill
Mine has assumed "the position" years ago and is already put away. In WI and MN we don't think about taking them out on a nice winter day. There's still salt all over the roads until a few springtime rains clean them off for us.
second wind
Fall colors in Los Angeles is when you see an orange or yellow 914 at a swap meet. Hoping for a bit of cooler weather so I can floor my car without blowing it up due to high temps...been there done that....not fun....90 degrees today but a cold snap is coming which should drop it to 85....
gg
jmill
On a side note, that's some mighty fancy concrete. I'd hate to shovel that in the winter. You'd damn near snap a wrist off catching all those ridges with the blade.
SKL1
Put the '71 away for the long IA winter a couple days ago... sad.gif

Click to view attachment
9fourteen14
QUOTE(mramber @ Nov 13 2016, 06:02 PM) *

Another great year of enjoying the adrenaline rush from my 914! Have a good slumber honey, I'll wake you up next spring!

Click to view attachment

hold on NOT so fast.
what exactly do you do you do to store HER?

914 luva my teener is running awesome now that it is pre-winter here in Mass.
The AAR - aux air regulator needed to be replaced and then retune and recheck spark plugs.

i need to fix my heater.

KTF
Elliot Cannon
I might have to put the roof back on soon. smoke.gif shades.gif
mramber
QUOTE(9fourteen14 @ Nov 20 2016, 05:58 PM) *

QUOTE(mramber @ Nov 13 2016, 06:02 PM) *

Click to view attachment

hold on NOT so fast.
what exactly do you do you do to store HER?

914 luva my teener is running awesome now that it is pre-winter here in Mass.
The AAR - aux air regulator needed to be replaced and then retune and recheck spark plugs.

i need to fix my heater.

KTF

I put the battery on a trickle charger, pour a bottle of sea foam in the tank and top it off, run it a bit to get the stable gas into the carbs, then she gets a winter blanket AKA car cover. I have a heated garage so it never gets colder than 45 degrees. I'm glad I got this done last week, we have snow and ice on the ground and another storm coming on Tuesday
Elliot Cannon
That's such a beautiful car, I'm glad to hear to are taking good care of it. first.gif
bandjoey
Texas always has room for one more ! Drive all year ? Yeah! beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.