Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Quick question about torsion bar adjustment
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
patssle
To raise the car height do you turn the torsion bar adjusting bolt clockwise or counter-clock wise?
infraredcalvin
Clockwise. Tightening will raise the car, loosening will lower. If you don't get it high enough you'll need to reindex the bars to get them how you want.
Rand
Don't sweat it. It's just a bolt and when you look at it, it will be obvious. Mark where you started and if handling is important to you, a corner balance may be necessary if you make significant changes.

flat4guy
I am guessing this is for the front only, do you have a pic where the bolt is or is it obvious?
mgp4591
QUOTE(flat4guy @ Nov 25 2016, 12:00 AM) *

I am guessing this is for the front only, do you have a pic where the bolt is or is it obvious?

It's at the rear of the torsion bars and it really isn't hard to find, pretty obvious. The rear height adjustment varies on the shock/spring assy, but it's usually an external snap ring that fits into the shock body below the spring perch. When you reinsert it up or down into a new slot the spring pressure will change, thus changing the the ride height. You want to be careful before reorienting the rear springs - there's a lot of stored energy in those puppies and it's easy to get, uh, surprised. There's a few different ways to make it safe so if you need to do it, ask around. Always someone here ready to help!
porschetub
Just done mine all round ,front is 16mm of thread at the bottom of the adjuster (alloy front beam),rear is 5th clip groove up on the Bilsteins with 100lb springs.
It sits nice and still has good ground clearance,found the ride overly firm with the car higher as it was.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.