Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fog Light Wiring Help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
simonjb
When I purchased my car, my cars Fog lights didn't work and the Headlights came up and on on the first (as compared with the second) pull of the Headlight switch. Looks like there was some shorting and the PO had some rewiring done.

So after reading everything and spending hours on the wiring charts (and under my dash) I got everything to work properly again. But with one exception.

When I turn on the fog lights they only come on when I pull on High beam, instead of low beam. I tried to figure this out and I tried the rewiring idea to make them on all the time, but to no avail.

I am sure I must have a wire crossed but can't seem to figure it out. Help!
PancakePorsche
Fog light pick off wire on headlight switch should be #56 (low beam) #56A is high beam circuit.

You may want to consider moving this wire to #15 so fogs work with headlights off (like daytime running lights) thats how I wire mine.

IronHillRestorations
I just went through this on a customer's car. When you turn on the fog lights with low beams, they fogs should be on. They switch off when you turn on the high beams, using the high beam indicator circuit to switch the relay so the lights are off. Sounds like you may have the relay wired backwards. It is a double throw relay.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.