Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gauge Gazing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
forrestkhaag
Does anyone out there have a good recommendation and experience with costs and availability for a well informed combo gauge for my conversion? I am building a 3.0 fairly stock save a cam grind to address tripple Webers.

I will have fuel, oil level and pressure, but maybe would want fuel pressure head temps etc. / or maybe that is a separate set of gauges replacing my current ones or the clock.

Who cares what time it is in a 914-6 with Webers screaming in your ears anyway....? beer3.gif
904svo
Look for a triple gauge or Quad gauge from McMark (I think that's his name)
Cairo94507
Here is what I did:

Click to view attachment
IronHillRestorations
I like using the 911 combo gauge (oil temp & oil press) in place of the 4 fuel gauge, and then getting a fuel gauge, or having the tach modded with a fuel gauge in the bottom. Since you have gauges in the dash, I'd just go with oil temp and oil pressure in lieu of the clock and volt gauge.
Chris914n6
Early 944 quad gauge and replace the warning lights with press & level.
porschetub
I have a gauge from a 2.7 911 easy to read ,got my sender units off ebay a seller called industrial-stuffs good servive and prices for VDO gear ,PO had fitted a 52mm fuel gauge in the dash about where the cig lighter would be,good spot and easy to read,thinking I might put an amps gauge on the other side idea.gif .
Triple gauges are nice however ,depends on your budget really.
napasteve
New Vintage Gauges made this one:
Click to view attachment
jfort
my gauges, for what it's worth. I have a shift light right above the tach, too.Click to view attachment
type47fan

Mine, with 911 oil temp/pressure in dash and a GT style fuel gauge in the console.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
gulf908
I have the 911 oil temp/pressure in the lhs of the dash and here is the gas and volts in the console.
FHK - Oil level gauge ??? how did you do the tank sender ?

Cheers
Dennis smile.gif
forrestkhaag
From what i recall. my past 911's all had an oil level gauge that sloshed back and forth until the oil was up to operation temp.

In any case Vintage Gauge no longer does any Porsche work so it is off to North Hollywood Gauge............ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$:miles:

beerchug.gif
PanelBilly
If you're planning on dealing with North Hollywood don't be in a rush. They are so backed up I couldn't even get an estimate on how long my order was going to take. Finely gave up and cancelled it
Cairo94507
It seems that most of our go-to experts are just swamped. Palo Alto Speedo did my gauges and it was about a 1 year project. Harvey Weidman has had my 5 deep sixes for 2 years now and though they were almost done 1 year ago, I still have not received them. And, we all know Scotty needs about 4 clones of himself to keep up with the work he has going on. beerchug.gif

It is just part of being the best at what you do and us mere mortals have to wait for the fruits of their labor. driving.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(gulf908 @ Nov 15 2016, 12:57 AM) *

I have the 911 oil temp/pressure in the lhs of the dash and here is the gas and volts in the console.
FHK - Oil level gauge ??? how did you do the tank sender ?

Cheers
Dennis smile.gif

Don't bother with an oil level gauge. Even in a 911 they are'nt usually accurate. Use the dipstick on a running, warm car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.