Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Boroscope.....good value?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914_teener
Checking with Braintrust for suggestions

I have been wanting to get one for a while. Now I have a need to get one.

So question:

What is a good one?

Need to have a three foot reach and decent resolution. Ability to capture video as well.

Anybody have experience using one?
Krieger
I bought one at Home Depot a few years back for $110. Wireless color detachable screen I could plug into tv. Very cool tool. Once you have it you will find so many other uses. Get one. Santa is coming!
76-914
Costco has the same one for $80 currently. Just saw it this weekend. I may be off by $5. beerchug.gif
mbseto
Based on another post here, I got a CrazyFire endoscope from Amazon for maybe 20 bucks. It's got a 5m cable, hooks to computer or phone, takes video or pics, LED lights... I'm pretty happy with it.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(mbseto @ Nov 15 2016, 01:22 PM) *

Based on another post here, I got a CrazyFire endoscope from Amazon for maybe 20 bucks. It's got a 5m cable, hooks to computer or phone, takes video or pics, LED lights... I'm pretty happy with it.

5m?? Holy giraffe Batman! blink.gif
stugray
I have used one from banggood that plugs into your android phone for $15.

It works decent for certain jobs and is waterproof.
Something that cheap I just keep rolled up and stuffed in my toolbox for those odd occasions.

http://www.banggood.com/2M-USB-Borescope-E....html?rmmds=buy
euro911
Wow, they're getting really cheeeeep these days.

I purchased one from Harbor Fright for about $150 a few years ago ... works great and the camera head's small diameter allows for insertion through the sparky-plug hole.
mbseto
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Nov 15 2016, 02:03 PM) *

Yeah it's almost annoying. But if you're plugging in to a desktop, it can be nice.
Valy
QUOTE(mbseto @ Nov 15 2016, 05:19 PM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Nov 15 2016, 02:03 PM) *

Yeah it's almost annoying. But if you're plugging in to a desktop, it can be nice.

Get the one with a mirror attachment too.
I have the 5.5mm and I can fit it through the plug hole and look backward at the valves. Nice!!!
euro911
QUOTE(Valy @ Nov 15 2016, 09:13 PM) *
Get the one with a mirror attachment too.
I have the 5.5mm and I can fit it through the plug hole and look backward at the valves. Nice!!!
Yep agree.gif

thumb3d.gif
914_teener
Follow up.

Amazon Prime.....worked perfectly for the job. Great resolution.

Plugged into my Samsung phone.....worked great.

$29 bucks Amazon Prime.

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.