Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone willing to take me for a spin?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BigFour1973
So I'm in the process of restomoding my new to me 72 914. Currently the cage is being put together for shipment (thank you Chris at Tangerine Racing), rust is being sorted, parts collection going on, and I'm sanding down/ stripping the body. The only thing I'm uncertain about is the heart of the beast.

Built subaru

Stock LS1

Rotary

All have their pros and cons, but the common denominator is fun.

Is there anyone around Long Beach or high desert that would be up to take me for a spin in their swapped car?

Thanks in advance. Beers will be on me, gotta sweeten the pot some how. smoke.gif
Coondog
Sorry but this High Desert teener only has a 1.8 white914.jpg
whitetwinturbo
popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif
76-914
I'm in Temecula if your up it! Kent
matthepcat
All three are very different driving experiences.

What transmission would you prefer to run?

BigFour1973
QUOTE(76-914 @ Nov 16 2016, 03:57 PM) *

Kent, I appreciate the offer! I'm not sure what your work schedule is like, but I'll be in Hemet on Monday afternoon to check out QRS for some quarter panels.

Corey
BigFour1973
QUOTE(matthepcat @ Nov 16 2016, 07:12 PM) *

If I'd go Subaru or LS I'd use the 5mt subi trans converted for front whee drive and LSD.

Rotary id probably go stock 914 trans or look at the option of a higher final drive ratio on a subi 5mt like this 4.44 Subaru ring and pinion
Andyrew
Your welcome to come up to norcal for a ride in mine smile.gif
76-914
QUOTE(BigFour1973 @ Nov 16 2016, 07:23 PM) *

QUOTE(76-914 @ Nov 16 2016, 03:57 PM) *

Kent, I appreciate the offer! I'm not sure what your work schedule is like, but I'll be in Hemet on Monday afternoon to check out QRS for some quarter panels.

Corey

It's hard to say. I'm self employed but traditionally that is a slow time before Thanksgiving. I'll pm you my phone. Call me when your in Hemet and I'll let you know my status. BTW, QRS is tucked in back of an commercial spread of bldg.'s. The address isn't real helpful. Just follow the fiberglass smell. beerchug.gif
1stworks
QUOTE(BigFour1973 @ Nov 16 2016, 09:25 PM) *

QUOTE(matthepcat @ Nov 16 2016, 07:12 PM) *

If I'd go Subaru or LS I'd use the 5mt subi trans converted for front whee drive and LSD.

Rotary id probably go stock 914 trans or look at the option of a higher final drive ratio on a subi 5mt like this 4.44 Subaru ring and pinion

Boxster S 6 speed trans is marvelous with LS......

piratenanner.gif
Gmanscott55
Hey Corey,

I am available this weekend. We could meet at Peter's Landing in Sunset Beach? I have a 74 with a WRX 2.0 turbo conversion you can look at. Build was done by previous owner by Precision Chassis Works in Phoenix and lot's of custom goodies and a professionally prepared car.

Happy to answer any questions you have although somewhat limited on technical details of build. Let me know.

Text or call me at 562-673-7992.

GaryClick to view attachment
zach914v8
QUOTE(Gmanscott55 @ Nov 17 2016, 07:05 PM) *

Hey Corey,

I am available this weekend. We could meet at Peter's Landing in Sunset Beach? I have a 74 with a WRX 2.0 turbo conversion you can look at. Build was done by previous owner by Precision Chassis Works in Phoenix and lot's of custom goodies and a professionally prepared car.

Happy to answer any questions you have although somewhat limited on technical details of build. Let me know.

Im not a subie dude, but I saw this car online when it was for sale, and as far as I could that is one awesome car. You should take a ride and give a full report!
BigFour1973
QUOTE(Gmanscott55 @ Nov 17 2016, 05:05 PM) *

Hey Corey,

Gary

I will defiantly take you up on that! Would Sunday morning work? Grab a coffee and check out the car?
matthepcat

This one still has the 901 trans correct?

QUOTE(Gmanscott55 @ Nov 17 2016, 05:05 PM) *

Hey Corey,

BigFour1973
Thank you Kent and thank you Gary!

Gary- Beautiful car and wonderful noises that it makes. I love the deep rumble of a flat four Subaru. Thank you for taking me for a spin and letting me get some ideas from the car.

Kent- Beautiful car as well. If that car pulled up next to me I'd mistake the 1.7 badge on the back as truth. That car is a true sleeper, quiet but moves like hell when you get on it all the way to 7k. Clutch action is smooth as butter, also the cable shifter feels as if it was bolted on to the gear box. No play whats so ever, and you aren't playing the guessing game on which gear you're going into. Thank you for letting me take it for a spin.

Now i just need to check out a LS swap or a rotary. Any one in so cal up for it?
76-914
QUOTE(BigFour1973 @ Nov 21 2016, 06:47 PM) *

Thank you Kent and thank you Gary!

Gary- Beautiful car and wonderful noises that it makes. I love the deep rumble of a flat four Subaru. Thank you for taking me for a spin and letting me get some ideas from the car.

Kent- Beautiful car as well. If that car pulled up next to me I'd mistake the 1.7 badge on the back as truth. That car is a true sleeper, quiet but moves like hell when you get on it all the way to 7k. Clutch action is smooth as butter, also the cable shifter feels as if it was bolted on to the gear box. No play whats so ever, and you aren't playing the guessing game on which gear you're going into. Thank you for letting me take it for a spin.

Now i just need to check out a LS swap or a rotary. Any one in so cal up for it?

Your welcome. Anything I can do to help feed the addiction. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.