Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Yellow Wire help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
branston
So I'm gradually sorting out the wiring mess the PO left for me, most the burned and patched wires are now gone on my '74 1.8. However one wire remains and I need help, not so much for its function but how it should be routed.

A yellow wire runs from front to rear from ignition to starter motor #50. it is part of the main loom as it passes through the cabin, between the seats and under the armrest it has been repaired & joined, it then continues under the inspection cover between seats and then disappears through the floor of the car to re-appear underneath, stuck in place with blobs of caulk it threads its way to the starter motor via the left valve cover and finally to the starter motor.

I'm assuming Porsche did not route the wire like this, so can someone guide as to how it should route? see photos
gms
The Starter wire runs in the engine wiring harness that plugs into the relay board.
the current runs thru the board to a pin at the top of the board.
from the plug in the relay board the wire continues in the body wiring harness up to the ignition switch.
timothy_nd28
I'll hand it to the guy that did the repair, atleast he used the right color wire. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.