Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: seat belts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tomh
This topic most likley has been covered but i can't seem to dredge it up.
I liked my belts in my 72, they were of course fixed or not retractable. My 74 has retractable and are pretty funkey and don't work that well. Would an aftermarket brand work in our cars. I remember switching out my fixed ones in my 70 bus with an aftermarket brand and it worked great.
Whats everyone else doing about this.
ConeDodger
Paul Sayegh was rebuilding them. Not sure he'd still do that as he sold his 914 and has gone deep into nature photography. Just got back from Antarctica I believe...

I forget the name of it, but there is a company that my Datsun Z car buddies use. They sell vintage replacement seat belts. You can even get custom colors. Try googling vintage seatbelt replacements and see if you can find them.
hndyhrr
www.seatbeltplanet.com
tomh
QUOTE(hndyhrr @ Nov 16 2016, 05:36 AM) *

www.seatbeltplanet.com

great site,so one of those options will work with out any modification?
jfort
just so someone may benefit from my incompetence regarding seatbelts. I reinstalled the passenger seat and its belt. I omitted washers and the bolt went too far into the channel restricting the movement of the shifter rod. Couldn't get into 4th and 5th gear. simple fix. DUH
hndyhrr
QUOTE(tomh @ Nov 16 2016, 07:04 AM) *

QUOTE(hndyhrr @ Nov 16 2016, 05:36 AM) *

www.seatbeltplanet.com

great site,so one of those options will work with out any modification?

Don't know The Pumpkin is a 70. I called them.
McMark
944 belts work, but there's a few tricks and you'll need 944 receivers as well.

Boxster belts can work but are a little harder than 944 belts.
JmuRiz
Do we need new belts, due to age?

I know racing harnesses expire, should we all get new belts? Just wondering while my car is apart...
McMark
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Nov 16 2016, 12:34 PM) *

Do we need new belts, due to age?

I know racing harnesses expire, should we all get new belts? Just wondering while my car is apart...

Technically, yes. ANY fraying of the webbing/belt is cause for replacement according to the specification. And I haven't seen a set of belts yet that aren't frayed. Of course, practical experience disagrees - there are tons of belts that have successfully done their job despite their age.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.