Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone got a rotisserie FS / Load/ whatever
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mikey914
Need to build a rotisserie or borrow / buy from someone local. Anyone?

If not I may make these.
McMark
I had a rotisserie that was at Yeaman Auto Body in Palo Alto (650-328-8169). I know the car left, but I don't know what happened to the rotisserie. You could call them and check. I'm not gonna go get it, but you might be able to coordinate some sort of pickup.
tygaboy
QUOTE(McMark @ Nov 16 2016, 11:22 AM) *

I had a rotisserie that was at Yeaman Auto Body in Palo Alto (650-328-8169). I know the car left, but I don't know what happened to the rotisserie. You could call them and check. I'm not gonna go get it, but you might be able to coordinate some sort of pickup.

I'm sorta near Yeaman's and, depending on if you can wait, I could probably coordinate getting it to WCR, if you're coming down...
PM me if I can help w/something like that.
Chris
mzalanka
I have one (I think) in Beaverton/Hillsboro.

Lent out the vertical supports to a fellow at my garage co-op who may or may not be using them. I can check.

I definitely have the cross bars which have been out back for a year, so they're rusty but usable. Good steel from Newberg Steel. Fabbed 'em for BBBs - 75-76s - but should be relatively easily modded for an early car.

Can let you know if I track down the verticals - may need a few days to get time to drive out to the garage.

Sorry for the pic size - it's all I've got at the moment.

Michael

IPB Image

mzalanka
Here is is. There's a fair amount of surface rust but it's usable as-is. Could use a sandblasting and powder coating.

I had my mechanical engineer brother run a static load analysis for 1000 lbs- the crossbar mount was thereby upgraded with thicker steel and the verticals were gusseted to address the weak spot at the base. I had my 75 up on this for about 18 months. I lent it out to a fellow who mounted a Falcon on the verticals and he ground off the locking nuts - so that would need to be addressed. welder.gif I don't have the tie anymore (cut up for other purposes) so you'd need to acquire some angle iron or square bar for that.

BTW it's the first thing I ever welded blink.gif but I did take an industrial welding class at Chemeketa before tackling this and I'm fairly proud of the fillet welds. But - no guarantees and liability is limited. biggrin.gif

PM me if you're interested. It's near Scholls Ferry and SW Murray.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Mikey914
This would be awesome!!!
Tay's is a 73 so we would need to add some mounts on the ends to mount it. Would you mind if we made some modification (just adding the option to use the early bumper mounts). We would need to possibly make a sleeve to extend the center bar. Thinking about making fixtures that would bolt on the ends?

Just let me know more than willing to rent it. hopefully for less than 12 months
trojanhorsepower
Ha! Less than 12 months. Wishful thinking Mark.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.