Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Door Panel Clips
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
7TPorsh
I have been to trying to install my 914rubber door panels. I had purchased door clips online (I think from SMC) awhile ago. I went last night to clip in the panels and every clip is breaking when I push it in...

They don't hold or clip in at all. They break. I'll be ordering a set from 914rubber hoping they are different.

Anyone experience this at all? Will the new ones be issue-free?
bandjoey
From my old memory:
The original clips had a plastic insert in the hole, and then the plug went into that.
If the plug is there, it might have debris to keep the new clip from seating, or the clip might just be too large.. Pull back the paper carefully to see if there's the insert still in the metal.

JoeD
I bought door panels from 914Rubber and the clips from them as well. Installed with 0 issue and 0 breakage. I bought the door inserts as well but didn't use them as all of the holes had inserts already.
7TPorsh
QUOTE(JoeD @ Nov 17 2016, 05:14 PM) *

I bought door panels from 914Rubber and the clips from them as well. Installed with 0 issue and 0 breakage. I bought the door inserts as well but didn't use them as all of the holes had inserts already.

Where did you source the inserts? I don't think 914rubber has them. One of my doors is missing them.

...I'm certain the clips i have are trash product....another order for Mark coming.
Mikey914
I may have some of the inserts in the shop. You do not have to use them, so I had been debating on if I should reproduce them.

I'm not selling Sierra Madre the door panel clips so they are different. The big complaint I've had is that they will not come off the door panel. These are designed to be a one way deal. They "screw" in, but the flange that flexes has to be flat to hold the panel so it reverts to the flat state once they have flexed enough to allow it to attach. It is possible to get them to back out, but requires some patience, and the success rate isn't 100%.

Hope this helps
Mike D.
You can get the inserts from online VW vendors. I got a pack of 42 for like $5. at a swap. Prolly made in China, but the work.
Mikey914
Ill bring some of these in to pair up. If warranted I'll make.
7TPorsh
My inserts are white-ish clear plastic; not black. if i don't need them for the 914rubber clips then should be ok.
Mikey914
I'm mounting mine ...... without protection. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.