Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Minilites 6.5 x 15 5x130
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
914forme
Just what it says, wish I never sold the wheels I had.

Looking for a set of 6.5" x 15" Minilites in the 5x130 bolt pattern with lugs nuts, and washers. I can always make the washers if I have to.

sfrenck
You look into these?

VTO Wheels that look like Minilites

BigFour1973
There is a company in Australia called superlite that will make you a mini lite wheel 15-16" and 5.5-8" wide and any offset or bolt pattern you want. I was quoted $1000 shipped to my door in California.

http://www.superlitewheelsusa.com Kris is his name. Emails and returning calls are slow though.
Cal
Ethan ('73-914kid) used the 15"x7" VTO wheels on his 6 conversion....they have the same offset as 15"x7" cookie cutters.

914forme
Okay are the rear fenders pulled?
Cal
QUOTE(914forme @ Nov 17 2016, 08:18 PM) *

Okay are the rear fenders pulled?

Sorry, not sure....you might want to send him a message.
914forme
Still would like to find a set of 6.5" piratenanner.gif

No need to smash.gif the rear fenders, stock 914-6 would hate to do that to that car headbang.gif
rgalla9146
Do you want currently available wheels or old production originals ?
(like my avatar)
914forme
I would like production originals. As they came in 6.5" x 15", I have reached out to Minilite to see if by chance there is a shot in hell.

Wish I never sold the set I had. dry.gif

But then I can say that about a lot of items. 2.8 RSR engine comes to mind. Sometimes you need the $$$$ more than the parts.

raynekat
The 4 bolt Minilites are hard enough to find....

Can't imagine trying to locate a set of the 5 bolt?

The fit is the best though; best size hands down for non-flared fenders.
rgalla9146
Like this ?
914forme
Yes, exactly piratenanner.gif
rgalla9146
I've been chasing this type of wheel for years.
I'm in the middle of a GT project and don't know what wheels will be used.
I can only offer pictures to help you identify what you are looking for.
The only markings on these are on the mounting flange and are not discernible.
The two wheels pictured are a 7 " and an 8"
Those on the orange car are 6"
They're all old magnesium wheels.
Cal
Here's a set for sale on the ESR....not cheap $3,200.00.

http://www.early911sregistry.org/forums/sh...light=Minilites

914forme
Thank you for the lead EarlyS commands Early 911 prices, but worth a shot.

Damn I sold mine to cheap a few years back. dry.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(914forme @ Nov 17 2016, 02:52 PM) *

Looking for a set of 6.5" x 15" Minilites in the 5x130 bolt pattern with lugs nuts, and washers. I can always make the washers if I have to.

When you say set, do you mean 2 or 4?
914forme
QUOTE(mepstein @ Nov 20 2016, 10:24 AM) *

4 but I can piece a set together if need be, lol
mepstein
QUOTE(914forme @ Nov 20 2016, 12:06 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Nov 20 2016, 10:24 AM) *

4 but I can piece a set together if need be, lol

i know we have some different (real) minilites floating around the shop. let me see what we have.
greggearhead
I'm a dealer for Superlite - we've done some 7R offset 15x7's, but I haven't had a set installed on a 914 yet - but we can do custom offsets and 4x130 or 5x130, etc.
raynekat
Greg: So can Superlite make a 15x6 Deep and 15x7R Deep offset with their wheels? And what are the color options and costs for these guys? I could be very interested for my 914-6 narrow body conversion/build.

I'll have to get some offsets or backspacing on what I'm looking for.
greggearhead
No 15x6 - only 15x7 (and 15x8). But yes to almost any reasonable offset.
BigFour1973
QUOTE(BigFour1973 @ Nov 17 2016, 04:01 PM) *

There is a company in Australia called superlite that will make you a mini lite wheel 15-16" and 5.5-8" wide and any offset or bolt pattern you want. I was quoted $1000 shipped to my door in California.

http://www.superlitewheelsusa.com Kris is his name. Emails and returning calls are slow though.

I went and put my hands on a wheel of kris' and the finish on the wheels is killer. No deep groves or poor finish caused by bad machining. They are fairly light,and they come with a silver paint over the wheel. But for the price and their ability to get them within a couple weeks from Australia, I'm sold.
raynekat
QUOTE(BigFour1973 @ Nov 28 2016, 07:55 PM) *

QUOTE(BigFour1973 @ Nov 17 2016, 04:01 PM) *

I went and put my hands on a wheel of kris' and the finish on the wheels is killer. No deep groves or poor finish caused by bad machining. They are fairly light,and they come with a silver paint over the wheel. But for the price and their ability to get them within a couple weeks from Australia, I'm sold.

Got on their site (Superlites) and they show:
15x6 ET +3 to +25
15x7 ET 0 to +25

no where near what Fuchs are....
15x6 ET +36
15x7R +49

The Superlites don't have enough positive offset (they'll stick out too much) to be much use under a narrow body 914-6 unless you're running skinny tires it seems.

Even gas burners with ET +42 would be better than Superlites.
The 15x6, 15x7R Fuchs and 15x5.5 gas burner all have similar backspacing (112mm).
greggearhead
I don't know who that Superlite USA site is from, but it has almost no info, and they do NOT make a 15x6. At least not yet, because I've had inquiries from air cooled VW people that can't always fit a 15x7.

The offsets and bolt patterns can be custom machined - I run 15x7's with the Fuchs 7R offset on my car. I'm not guessing about this - it's on my car. 49mm offset, 138mm backspace. I can also have them made with a little less offset to come closer to the fender lip, or if you have small flares or rolled lips, etc.
914forme
Greg,

Please add a picture. Minilite still makes a 5x130 in a 6" not the 6.5" though they still have to tooling, it does not fit in their new casting machines. sad.gif

So lets see a Picture of your R offsets, I might be down with that, though I don't like how the lugs hit the spokes. It is a design thing for me. shades.gif
greggearhead
This is the only one I have at the moment- on the trailer years ago to get front pan replaced.

IPB Image
BigFour1973
QUOTE(greggearhead @ Nov 29 2016, 06:10 AM) *

I don't know who that Superlite USA site is from, but it has almost no info, and they do NOT make a 15x6. At least not yet, because I've had inquiries from air cooled VW people that can't always fit a 15x7.

The offsets and bolt patterns can be custom machined - I run 15x7's with the Fuchs 7R offset on my car. I'm not guessing about this - it's on my car. 49mm offset, 138mm backspace. I can also have them made with a little less offset to come closer to the fender lip, or if you have small flares or rolled lips, etc.

The website was set up by Kris. His dad started the company back in the day and passed away earlier this year. Prior to his passing it got sold and the current people running it kept Kris on board to do sales on the west coast.

His website is pretty bland, ill give it that. But it could defiantly be the reason why his pricing is so killer. Plus he offers them in the 16" as well, and being that the 15" tire selection is pretty skimpy in the 205-255 range, ill steer clear of the smaller sizing.
greggearhead
The current production does not have any 16", so if Kris is selling them, I'm not sure where he is getting them.

This is what I offer:

http://greggearhead.com/store/p18/Superlit...loy_Wheels.html
914forme
Bump - still looking for a set
914forme
BTT

This is for a very special project I am prepping to start up.
914forme
Still looking for a set of these, somebody please sell me my old set back to me. Just can not for the life of me remember who I sold them to. dry.gif
B2524
$2900 set plus shipping
Dated 7-75 if my feeble memory serves me.
914forme
piratenanner.gif I found two sets, and had the liberty to make the best purchase for my build.

Thank you every one for the leads and support finding these rare wheels.

beer.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.