Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: (rare) Cincinnati sighting
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
1970 Neun vierzehn
It is extremely rare to see a 914 on the highways and byways of the greater Cincinnati area, especially as the weather changes (for the worse).

At 0733, on Ohio Rte 48, just north of I-71, I saw a blue 75/76 914 heading south. Kudos to the owner for actually using his car clap56.gif Anyone here on the Forum?

Paul
914forme
Also seen down on Mosteler Road just south of 275.
Localboy808
I don't t think I've seen a 914 on the road here in So cal for more than 10 years. Maybe 20! Very rare. I'm an air cooled VW guy. I see split window buses much more often. But I guess that makes sense because they made much more of them. Funny thing is prices on split window buses are a lot higher. 914s are very undervalued IMHO. Good for me!
mjrrti
I live across the desert from you and drive mine to work in Victorville 2-3 days a week. I have a friend that lives in Lancaster with 3 of them that he drives all over your area. I just saw a blue one in Apple Valley twice last week. Right place right time to see them. I deliver parts to the Victorville area Orielly Auto Parts stores so I am on the road a lot, but I do see them out there. driving.gif
mbseto
I've seen one pulling out of GE before, same guy maybe.
porbmw
My daughter is driving her 74 1.8 on a daily work commute, 60-90 minutes each way...in the incessant rain.
Makes me wish I had funds and parking to get her a daily driver till she at least works closer
And winter (possible snow) is coming... sad.gif
enf2232
I drove mine today with the top off. 70 degrees here in Toledo today. Calling for snow tomorrow. Probably the last drive of the season.
Triaddave
Over the years I have sold many triad exhausts to and around the Cincinnati area. One that comes to mind was a 75 914 somewhere around Montgomery. I never asked the color. that is about all I remember.
The old uncle
I put the lid on mine yesterday for the winter. Still drive it daily in NW Indiana
Peashooter
My wife and I were out for a good ride in my six Friday. It was so nice to cruise along with the top off in mid November in Cincinnati! Not sure about the blue one..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.