I recently bought a couple replica master key blanks for $7.75 each. I took them to Ace Hardware and had one cut but it would not work in any lock (all my locks use the same master key). Of course I had to agree that if they did not work I would still have to pay for the labor. They only guarantee key blanks they sell.

So I took the 2nd blank to a local Locksmith who is known for being good with classic car keys. The guy cut the key and it worked like a valet key (only doors & ignition)...but it was not a valet blank. WTF.gif So the owner came out to see what was wrong and after he chewed the guy out for ruining the cutting wheel by cutting a steel key, he told me he can get brass blanks with the plastic head that look like the original Porsche key. So I ordered a couple (at that point I did not ask the price because I was feeling guilty about the kid getting reamed for cutting my key blank). A week later the new blanks arrive and I go have them cut; which work perfect in every lock. Price out the door for 2 key blanks cut to fit my car was $7.57. He said he can order valet keys but not with the plastic head. His blanks are supplied by a company called Ilco.

Click to view attachment