Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Short shifter
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rgalla9146
After checking/replacing bushings what are the best options for short shift action on a side shifter ?
Personal experience with particular equipment appreciated.
TIA
mepstein
Jwest -renshifter
Tangerine racing shift linkage.
larryM
for 20 yrs i've had a Slick-Shift kit in mine, plus the optional reverse lockout update,

have one new-in-box - FS - $65 shipped/paypal

Click to view attachment

.Click to view attachment
GeorgeRud
I replaced the stock 901 style linkage on my 914-6 with a short shifter when I changed to a side shifting 914 transmission instead of the stock 914-6 transmission (different from both types of 914-4 transmissions). With all new bushings and careful set-up, it shifts very nicely but the effort has gone up slightly.

I think that renewing all of the bushings and having a side shifting transmission probably accounted for 95% of the improvement. The short shifter didn't make that much of a difference in my opinion.
rgalla9146
QUOTE(larryM @ Nov 18 2016, 04:05 PM) *

for 20 yrs i've had a Slick-Shift kit in mine, plus the optional reverse lockout update,

have one new-in-box - FS - $65 shipped/paypal

Click to view attachment

.Click to view attachment

Thank you for the offer but your kit is for a '70' - '72
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(mepstein @ Nov 18 2016, 05:05 PM) *

Jwest -renshifter
Tangerine racing shift linkage.

My shift linkage doesn't include a short shift option but my Precision Shift Adjuster does.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.