Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PMB Trailing arm Poly Bushings
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Montreal914
I've been looking at replacing my rear trailing arm bushings and have read many of the threads on the subject. For road use (my case) there seems to be a great appreciation for the Elephant Racing rubber bushing product. I'm am also aware of the various other available options.

I happen to have a set of Poly bushiings that I've purchased from PMB a while back and I was wondering if any have been using them and would share their experiences. People who have installed them and drove 10, 20, 30 thousand miles. driving.gif

914_teener
QUOTE(Montreal914 @ Nov 18 2016, 10:04 PM) *

I've been looking at replacing my rear trailing arm bushings and have read many of the threads on the subject. For road use (my case) there seems to be a great appreciation for the Elephant Racing rubber bushing product. I'm am also aware of the various other available options.

I happen to have a set of Poly bushiings that I've purchased from PMB a while back and I was wondering if any have been using them and would share their experiences. People who have installed them and drove 10, 20, 30 thousand miles. driving.gif

I.m running the hard durometer ones from PMB. I probably have about 10K 15k miles on them.

Installed them with zerk fittings, 2 per arm, about two-three years ago.

No issues. I wrote a thread on them a while back. Bruce Stone supplied me with the set of trailing arms and hubs all nice and powder coated with plated bling.

Something from experience though....have the trailing arms checked to make sure they aren.t bent. If you are thinking about driving the car hard...axing ect....have them re-enforced, not the side bracing but internally bracing the section. Chris Foley knows how to do this, he supplies them as well as you may already know. Slippery slope once you do that. Then you might as well brace the suspension console...ect....ect.

My .02 from experience.
Montreal914
Thank you 914 teener for sharing your experience.
I will look up your thread.

I would have thought more people would have been using these since they come from a reputable source confused24.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.