Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ? Group Buy QuickJack 3500
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bandjoey
I want a QuickJack. Portable, good height for normal maintenance, small low roof garage, but all web sites have exactly the same price. There are no discounts anywhere.

BL-3500SLX $1125

If you would like one and would prepay and I can work out a group deal of at least 10%, Who is Interested?

Let me know and I'll start looking for a source.

(Thanks to 914world facebook for the photo)
Mikey914
They probably have a MAP policy in place.
Mr.Nobody
What's a MAP policy?

I'd love one but I don't have the cash. They look awesome.

Rand
QUOTE(Mr.Nobody @ Nov 20 2016, 12:35 PM) *

What's a MAP policy?

Minimum Advertised Pricing. Enforced by the mfg to protect retailers from being undercut by others' discounts.
Mr.Nobody
QUOTE(Rand @ Nov 20 2016, 12:42 PM) *

QUOTE(Mr.Nobody @ Nov 20 2016, 12:35 PM) *

What's a MAP policy?

Minimum Advertised Pricing. Enforced by the mfg to protect retailers from being undercut by others' discounts.

Got it. Know of the concept, but never knew how it was designated. Thanks.
Porsche930dude
you may be able to become a retailer yourself. I know people that have done that just to get a good deal
Elliot Cannon
Neat little lifts but hard on knees and lower back. I paid that much for my mid-rise lift. If you have the room for one, the mid-rise is a lot easier to use. They make engine removal much easier. Keep in mind though that my knees and lower back are 70 years old. laugh.gif
bandjoey
no room for a mid rise sad.gif

There must be some marketing agreement in place since everyone prices it the same.
Mr.Nobody
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Nov 20 2016, 01:43 PM) *

Neat little lifts but hard on knees and lower back. I paid that much for my mid-rise lift. If you have the room for one, the mid-rise is a lot easier to use. They make engine removal much easier. Keep in mind though that my knees and lower back are 70 years old. laugh.gif

What mid rise did you go with? Does it bolt to the floor or free stand? Just curious what options are out there.
bdstone914
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Nov 20 2016, 03:43 PM) *

I have demoed the Quick jack and for the money I would go with a mid rise lift. You have to be very careful with them and use them only on a flat surface. Also have to be careful lowering as if you do not kick out both locks one side will go down and the other stay up.
I was not overly impressed with the product for the money.
I would be curious to know if the lift is enough to drop an engine.

Do all the sites offer free shipping? With Pelican they do and drop ship from the supplier.

Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(Mr.Nobody @ Nov 20 2016, 03:35 PM) *

QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Nov 20 2016, 01:43 PM) *

What mid rise did you go with? Does it bolt to the floor or free stand? Just curious what options are out there.

I've had this one about 7 years now. My seven foot ceiling requires that the targa bar and windshield have to go between the joists. It works great and makes working on the car much easier. The best part is how much easier it makes pulling the engine. It is free standing and can be moved although not easily.
Elliot Cannon
Or you could try a lift that naturally occurs in nature, although I don't recommend it. biggrin.gif
Elliot Cannon
Here's a better shot of it without a car on it. Just before I finished the floor. Again.
Mr.Nobody
Nice setup Elliot. Thanks for posting.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.