Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Books
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Coloradocurt
Good morning, folks.
New member here, long time Porsche owner and PCA member, looking seriously at buying a 914-6 conversion. Is there anything out there in the way of books which are generally comparable to Wayne Dempsey's Pelican series of "101 Projects For Your xxx" but for the 914?
I’m not necessarily looking for instructions on maintaining or restoring, but instead on how to "enhance" the 914 beyond what the factory had intended the car to be for the typical owner - especially in the suspension/handling area.
I look forward to getting your collective input, and I’ll be immersing myself into your web site to bone up. And thanks.
Curt
Coondog
Welcome Curt, while I am in the beginning stages of my 914-6 conversion, my learning curve came from this web site and with talking to members who have completed there conversions. I think some of the best advise I got was to drive my car for a year, enjoy it and learn everything there is to know about my 914. While I am no stranger to the 914 "5th one" it gave me time to sort out a priority list of what I need to do the job correctly. With that said I came to the conclusion my time frame, living location and skill level would not allow me to complete a project like this.

My next learning curve was who out there offers the best services for this type of conversion. Again I got great advise from this site. Most shops I talked to wanted to treat it as a project when they could get time away from there normal Porsche repair work.....meaning when there business was slow which I took as, this could take forever.
Then I started looking at shops that specialized in this type of work and while there are several who advertise on this site I had to look at where they were located and of course COST.

Good luck on your project, also I love Castle Springs. Amazing the house you get for the money and just far enough away from Denver to have that small town feeling.

Greg
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.