Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fishy turbo tierod kit?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tazz9924
Found this the ither day not sure if its crap or not looking for a second opinion
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-uro-parts/930-t...Fvm7BoCgrXw_wcB
914forme
URO parts have proven to be marginally okay. Functional yes, great, no!
mb911
QUOTE(tazz9924 @ Nov 20 2016, 12:40 PM) *

Found this the ither day not sure if its crap or not looking for a second opinion
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-uro-parts/930-t...Fvm7BoCgrXw_wcB

Its uro brand which are ok but not great quality. The rubber boots and tie rod rubber parts will be junk in 6 months so you would have to buy those else where for sure.
shoguneagle
Definitely agree with this.
rhodyguy
This is one of those instances where you spend the money now instead of next time.
jcd914
IMHO
I don't think "are ok but not great quality" and "rubber parts will be junk in 6 months" fit together.

I think URO products are junk and I won't knowingly buy anything of theirs at any price. Especially something that affects safety, such as steering components.

Jim
mepstein
QUOTE(jcd914 @ Nov 20 2016, 04:27 PM) *

IMHO
I don't think "are ok but not great quality" and "rubber parts will be junk in 6 months" fit together.

I think URO products are junk and I won't knowingly buy anything of theirs at any price. Especially something that affects safety, such as steering components.

Jim

agree.gif I do everything I can to not buy their 911 parts for our shop.
rhodyguy
Try Paragon Products and talk to Jason. Easy to deal with and they know the product. You might consider a bump steer kit if you plan on lowering your car. Paragons site pictures the ball joints with the castellated nuts.
SKL1
Sorry to see ESC selling "junk" parts like that. I've gotten a lot of stuff over the years from them- guess I'll have to be more careful to see what I'm getting. Usually get routine stuff like filters, etc.
Everyone always says "buyer beware..." sad.gif
Mikey914
This is the market we live in today. Notice that there are now literally dozens of new parts places popping up everywhere. They are resellers and many just drop ship. The parts you get are more than likely URO or ????

URO is trying to move into this market in a big way. Support your known vendors, the people you can trust.Yes, it may cost more, but what you are paying for is the knowledge to not get a crappy part.

They are playing the Walmart game - yes the parts are cheap now, but when other vendors can't afford to compete and go out of business, guess what ... prices go up. The Mom and pop that stood behind everything they sold are gone, and if the margins aren't good enough, or can't figure out the QC issues, they may just stop making them.

Hey it's only suspension, what's the worst thing that could happen??
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Nov 20 2016, 11:49 PM) *

Support your known vendors, the people you can trust. Yes, it may cost more, but what you are paying for is the knowledge to not get a crappy part.

agree.gif
Dave_Darling
Search around here for feedback on URO parts. Then think about what you want to put on your car.

--DD
wndsnd
I would not buy them
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.