Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A bit OT but important to me,perhaps odd to some
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
porschetub
2 years since my wife passed away and its been a rough road,didn't want to dwell on it then thought YTF not ,packed her up in the passenger seat floor and went for a blast in the 914.
Remember when she was told she had little time left I showed her a pic of the car and she said "you have to have it" we gave it all and I managed to buy it before the time.
Amazing lady ,mother and partner car/girl reckon it was fitting to take her for a run biggrin.gif .
Click to view attachment
maddin
AWESOME!!! smilie_pokal.gif
I'd do exactly the same!
porschetub
QUOTE(maddin @ Nov 21 2016, 09:59 PM) *

I'd do exactly the same!

Thanks ....the six was on song after tuning, my GF and kids agreed it was a great idea.
maddin
hope my engine will be singing too sometime soon. Being rebuilt at the moment...can't wait!
mepstein
Good for you. What ever makes you happy is the right thing to do.
gereed75
Hmmmm. I have one of those also.......an urn I mean. At one year I have no use for it. Maybe in time. Not easy is it??

So glad that the six is running and giving u gratification. My wife was thrilled when I found the six that matched the one we had 1976 to 1983. Wrenching on it has been some therapy and running it is a good memory. Funny how cars can take you to the grocery and take you back in time too

......now back to your regularly scheduled program......
EdwardBlume
The good ones never leave us.
Dion
Just.....Awesome.
Frankvw
Wow. nice thing to do !
76-914
If your weird, I'm weird. My Dad and I had many a good time in the garage. A few month's after he passed I put his ashes on a shelf in the garage. It made me feel better once we were in the garage together again. beerchug.gif
Mueller
Nice thread to read..thanks for sharing, my father-in-law sits up on a table in our front room, I say hi to him once in a while smile.gif
whitetwinturbo
wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif
IronHillRestorations
Lovely Dean! Very touching.
porbmw
Nicely done! I am sure that you found solace in the ride.
I have asked my wife and kids to make sure that my teener stays in the family, that they discreetly store a few of my ashes in its' ashtray, and take me out for the occasional drive.
Take care.
6freak
makes a fella choke up a bit smile.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(maddin @ Nov 21 2016, 12:59 AM) *
I'd do exactly the same!

agree.gif
Jamie
I don't find this weird at all! I lost my angel on earth of 43 yrs. to cancer 9 yrs. ago, and we had many good outings with my 914 with our local Porsche club during the years before the end. Shortly after she died I started having flashbacks to Vietnam for the first time, more than 50 yrs ago, and as a Ranger I had memories I didn't ever want to revisit. Clinical depression is now often labeled PTSD, and I knew the symptoms well. Shortly thereafter I special ordered a 2008 Cayman, and waiting the 6 mos. for it to arrive helped me suffer through that first winter alone. Now both the 914 and Cayman have special memories almost every time I drive, although I hadn't considered taking her urn for a spin. We began our life together in my Bugeye Sprite, so a small sportscar has a special place in my memories of youth and love.
yellow75
not the same as a wife, but I have a baggie with my dogs ashes in it in my glove box. He loved to go for rides. Now he goes everywhere I go. Sorry for your loss man.
porschetub
Jamie thanks ,never expected a response like this,thanks to all,I was a hard day for me and my idea made me feel good.....
My wife also was taken by cancer WAY to early @ 53yrs ,yep been through depression also,NO one can offer the best advise cause in those lonely times you are totally on your own with your thoughts.
Funny my wife loved fishing and after many requests I bought a small outboard boat and we used to go out and have some great times...she would catch and I would bait and clear the hooks,thought about spreading her ashes on the sea using that same boat.
This won't be happening but the boat will be up for sale soon.
914Sixer
Not a dry eye in the house ! smilie_pokal.gif
Jamie
Of course after 43 yrs. together, the first thing an old guy misses is his gourmet cook!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.