Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Installing Defroster Vents
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mowog4
I am putting together my car, looking for advice on how the defroster vents attach in the car. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
Ed
malcolm2
If you are putting it BACK together, then you have it APART. Seems when I was doing that, I had to do everything 2 or 3 times 'cause I forgot to install 1 thing... piratenanner.gif

It has been some time since I had my vents out, but IIRC with all the dash stuff out of the front trunk, they connect to the, i'll call it a control box. It has all the cables that direct the air. a small round clip goes around the little tit (red circle). one on the box, one on the vent. might be one on both sides of the opening where the couple.

So the top wedges in under the window and the bottom is attached to the control box. You might be missing the little tit.

Click to view attachment

oh yeah, don't forget the foam seal that goes on the wide funnel. AA and probably 914rubber sell them.
Mikey914
We both sell them. I use a slightly denser foam.

http://www.shop.914rubber.com/Defroster-se...m?categoryId=-1
Mikey914
Not easily seen but you can see the area the little ring clamps go.

Also have the hoses if you need them
iankarr
Mine were super brittle. One broke in my hands and I needed to buy a replacement. Be careful handling them...and putting the clamp on!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.