Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Made Engine Cover
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jfort
Had trouble last summer with ignition after teener sat in a horrendous rain storm. Tried magnet vinyl sheets, twice, which blew off during trailering, even duct taped down. Came up with this just for the few times it has to sit or be trailered in the rain. Wanted something easy to put on and take off.Click to view attachment
sb914
Click to view attachment
jfort
I like it. Is it offered anywhere? Would not do well on the trailer @ 70MPH, however.
sb914
Member vender Perry kiehl
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(sb914 @ Nov 22 2016, 08:27 AM) *

The umbrella cover is very well made ! You will really appreciate its ability to keep the cabin and engine bay dry. Folds up nicely too
sb914
Here's another pic not my car .I love mine Click to view attachment
IronHillRestorations
I just got some more fabric in and I should have covers in hand on or before 12/5
7TPorsh
Excellent, what kind of fasteners are those? I want to rig up something like this for the front hood vents.

Like this:
Click to view attachment
ConeDodger
QUOTE(sb914 @ Nov 22 2016, 01:27 PM) *

I own one of these and I love it in static settings. I would never trailer with it on though. Think of one of these covers as a buffer, stuck in one place, tearing up your paint while you drive. Don't do that.

As for the solution the OP came up with? As long as you're moving, water isn't going to get into your engine compartment. Sitting in traffic? Might be a problem. I'd have to have a closer look at the design before I could say it wouldn't buff into your paint.
Rand
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Nov 22 2016, 01:02 PM) *

As for the solution the OP came up with? As long as you're moving, water isn't going to get into your engine compartment. Sitting in traffic? Might be a problem. I'd have to have a closer look at the design before I could say it wouldn't buff into your paint.

I think the OP's point was for when it sits in the rain. Easy to install when sitting, easy to remove when driving. And while I'd opt for Perry's cover, this looks like it would hold up much better while towing/trailering.

IronHillRestorations
Cone Dodger is 100% spot on, my cover is not made for a car being towed, or on a trailer. I tried it once, and bungee cords aren't enough to hold it.
Rand
Perry, do you have umbrella covers ready to ship? I'm in for one. I just looked up this thread: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=3644
But it's been a little while, so wanted to make sure you have them and the email address for Paypal is correct in that thread.

Thanks. beerchug.gif
IronHillRestorations
They are in the works Rand. I'll shoot you a PM when I've got them in hand.
JoeD
QUOTE(Perry Kiehl @ Nov 23 2016, 09:13 AM) *

Hey Perry,

Please let me know as well- would like one too.

Joe
jfort
Perry

I'd like one too
TheCabinetmaker
I have one of perry's covers and love it.
scallyk9
QUOTE(Perry Kiehl @ Nov 23 2016, 06:13 AM) *

Me two. Wonderful idea.
IronHillRestorations
Working on it guys
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.