According to McMark's Color page...

Your saturn yellow biggrin.gif
Eric
Rusty
If your car is a 72/73... Saturn Yellow. smile.gif

If your car is a 74... Chrome Yellow. smile.gif

-Rusty smoke.gif
Verruckt
The color currently on the car is not the original paint, but it looks like it could be the original color. Does the color in the pic and the paint look like they jive?
Verruckt
QUOTE (Lawrence @ Apr 24 2005, 09:36 AM)
If your car is a 72/73... Saturn Yellow. smile.gif

If your car is a 74... Chrome Yellow. smile.gif

-Rusty smoke.gif

Yeah, it's a 72 biggrin.gif
Rusty
There were a couple of name changes with colors. Sunflower Yellow and Summer Yellow share the same color code.

Sounds like a marketing thing. I bet Saturn Yellow was cool right after the race to the moon (1969) but then Chrome Yellow just sounded cooler.

-Rusty smoke.gif
TJB/914
Chrome Yellow & Saturn Yellow are the same. They just called them different names in the color run 1972 through 1974.

Tom
TJB/914
This color is very difficult to photograpy. Sometimes it apprears yellow, than with a tint of green. Of course it has a lot of green in it.

Another shot of a 1972 color chart.

Tom
redshift
People call our cars ugly... well look at those featureless 911s.

A 911 paint chip is UGLY. Thank God for windows, tires, trim, and bumpers!

M
dlo914
the color code for my car is L13K...what shade of yellow would that be?
carreraguy
L13K is Summer Yellow. Its also the code for Sunflower Yellow. For some reason it was changed to "Sunflower" in 1976.
dlo914
QUOTE (carreraguy @ May 3 2005, 08:09 PM)
L13K is Summer Yellow.  Its also the code for Sunflower Yellow.   For some reason it was changed to "Sunflower" in 1976.

wow that was a quick response!!! smilie_pokal.gif thanks for the info, but i think like the current paint on my car it's some shade of saturn yellow...makes the car seem PISS fast, b/c we all know yellow IS faster biggrin.gif burnout.gif
Joe Bob
BTW....if you reduce the the avatar size to 100x100 you won't get the pixel effect.
dlo914
QUOTE ("Z" @ May 3 2005, 08:28 PM)
BTW....if you reduce the the avatar size to 100x100 you won't get the pixel effect.

thank you for the suggestion all-mighty avatar king!!!
carreraguy
Coincidentally fast - I was doing some research today in order to touch up a few chips acquired during some WCC05 "spirited driving".
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.