Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: AX In Portland Last Sunday
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bruce Allert
Got some interesting photos, 1 of a Cayenne on the course. Notice the left rear tire. Kinda looks like it's about to lift. ohmy.gif A little bit more speed & turn of the wheel might have been interesting???

.........b
Bruce Allert
this was a cool little Ford owned by one of our AX board members.. It was a fast sumbitchy beer.gif

Bruce Allert
there is Gary & Pamelas 914's Gary's is the blue one & Pamelas is the Orange one.
Bruce Allert
Pamela
Bruce Allert
Jim Chambers had a recent "NEW BUY"... his HPH Special!

Bruce Allert
Craig Laughlin has a new purchase also...
1 more added to the Camp914 stable clap.gif

........b
J P Stein
Gary is the only one that has the proper attitude for that day laugh.gif
Yoei66
Bruce:

Was this a PCA event? Looks like something I might be interested in checking out next time one happens again around PDX.
Bruce Allert
Yoei, Definetly "come on down"! We always want more 914's at the montly event. Go to http://oregonpca.org/ & click on the calendar. This will show ya when the AX's are.

.........b
Yoei66
Thanks Bruce, I'll check out the site & the next AX
drgchapman
Joe, you should come on over and join the fun. In by 7:30, out by 1:00. Good clean fun, great folks to hang with. Great way to increase your driving skills. You'll also learn more about your car and cars in general. Our A/X last weekend was dominated by the all wheel drive crowd in the wet conditions. Most impressive. Talk to people and see what they know, look up JP, HE knows. pray.gif

JP, I seemed to spend most of my morning either pointing the wrong direction or trying not too. Too aggresive for the conditions. Maybe run 3rd gear instead of 2nd gear???? What do you think? pain30.gif pain30.gif

Bruce, only thing missing in those pics are rain drops on the lens, nice work...er....fun! clap.gif
J P Stein
Ayup.
Next one is May 8 in the AM at PIR.
J P Stein
QUOTE (drgchapman @ Apr 24 2005, 09:12 AM)

JP, I seemed to spend most of my morning either pointing the wrong direction or trying not too. Too aggresive for the conditions. Maybe run 3rd gear instead of 2nd gear???? What do you think? pain30.gif pain30.gif

My plan was to drive around for 5 laps with out hittin' nothin' solid & go home where it was dry.....I done gud laugh.gif
I had several folks asking about tiar pressures......"Haven't a clue", says me. The South pits has several underground drains (springs?) that pop up. Those areas grow sea weed at these sources. They are slicker than snake snot......nothing will grip there cept maybe a D-8 Cat.

Did you go to SCCA today?

I stood at home & did my last bit of painting....one more coat to go (one more chance to booger it up).
Bruce Allert
QUOTE (drgchapman @ Apr 24 2005, 10:12 AM)
Too aggresive for the conditions. Maybe run 3rd gear instead of 2nd gear???? What do you think? pain30.gif pain30.gif

Bruce, only thing missing in those pics are rain drops on the lens, nice work...er....fun! clap.gif

I hit 3rd on that long semi-straight away before the left hand sweeper. Those were my best times even tho I downshifted in the middle of the turn rolleyes.gif Guess I was thinking too much & forgot about 2nd!

As for the raindrops. I had to wipe that lens a lot. Almost put the camera away a couple times.

........b
Air_Cooled_Nut
QUOTE (Bruce Allert @ Apr 24 2005, 08:18 AM)
Yoei, Definetly "come on down"! We always want more 914's at the montly event. Go to http://oregonpca.org/ & click on the calendar. This will show ya when the AX's are.

.........b

Thanks for the link! I am an SCCA member and had Novice School on Saturday (very helpful!) and autocross event #3 on Sunday. Very fun!! Hmm, incentive to get the 914 engine removed so as to fix the oil leaks and get her driving again...
nynone4
Bruce - was there a young guy at this event driving a light blue classic Mini with a white top and white wheel arches? Just curious if my old car is being used as I had intended...
Bruce Allert
No mini's at this one. Only seen the new fangled ones. Saw a blue mini classic for sale on Craigs List last month that sounds like the car you're describing. Sure wanted it.

Mini Cooper

...b
drgchapman
JP, no missed the SCCA event on Sunday. Too f'in wet, did that on Saturday. Went and did a PPI for Rob Ways on a motorhome he was oogling in Donald. Spent Saturday teraring Pamela's steering wheel apart to fix a short in the right turn signal circuit. Wire was actually pinched in the little channels that route the wires through the column. No more fuse blowing! You can check my other thread if interested....many opinions.
Porsche Rescue
Just got back from 2000 mile trip to WCC 05 in my new six. Car performed beautifully. Lots of 80-90 mph, no tickets (earned a few) and 27mpg, only two quarts of oil.

JP- note the pic of my car above. I need my front sway bar fixed. I know that's why Bruce beat me by .4 seconds!!!
Bruce Allert
QUOTE (Porsche Rescue @ Apr 26 2005, 06:15 PM)

JP- note the pic of my car above. I need my front sway bar fixed. I know that's why Bruce beat me by .4 seconds!!!

Wahl... hurry up 'n git it fix'd pahdner & wheel have a 'nuther go adit on Mutha's day! laugh.gif

........b
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.