Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ignition 101 needed badly.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Porsche Rescue
Ok-got my fresh 19 year-old engine turning over just fine (did you know that the starter speeds up a lot if you connect the tranny ground strap?). Got fuel squirting in all 4 throats. Got juice at terminal 15 of the coil with ignition on. Won't fire at all. Took dist. cap off, turned on ignition and opened and closed points with tip of a screwdriver. No spark at all. Condensor lead is attached to #1 coil terminal and to points. Help Please! I REALLY want the hear it run (and maybe even go for a drive). Distributor, points, condensor, rotor and cap are new Bosch 050 direct from the box.
ejm
Points sometimes have a film of oxidation on them. I used to wipe them on a piece of cloth before installing.
my15window
do you have juice out of the coil? then go to points then check the spark at the plugs.. good luck
Frank Marino
Completely off the topic of ignition! happy11.gif

my15window - I can't help but read your tag. Sounds exactly like my mom! rolleyes.gif calvin.gif
Joe Bob
Do you have spark at the plugs?
Porsche Rescue
Thanks all for the help. As usual, operator error. Next time I looked I had spark at the points. Still wouldn't fire. Appears someone had the distributor 180 degrees out (could that have been me?).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.