Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help identify an old race car.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
CptTripps
This is a pic hanging in my boss' office. He knows nothing of 914s...just took a picture of one a few years back. Anyone here?

I thought I posted this a year or so ago, but I can't find the thread anywhere.
vintage914racer
QUOTE(CptTripps @ Nov 24 2016, 04:13 PM) *

This is a pic hanging in my boss' office. He knows nothing of 914s...just took a picture of one a few years back. Anyone here?

I thought I posted this a year or so ago, but I can't find the thread anywhere.

Strangely enough I think that's a picture of my car. Here's a picture of the car as it sits. When my dad acquired the car in the early 90's out of Georgia it was red and looked like that. It has a different windscreen, but all the cues suggest it's the car. Same body panels, same wheels, same roll cage cross member placement, same front spoiler with white Porsche script, etc.

I have old pictures of the car in logbooks going back to 1972. Let me check if I have a photo in that configuration.

Curious why your boss has it on his wall?

Click to view attachment

vintage914racer
Found a photo from an old log book when the car was red. Number's different, but placement is the same. This is when the headlight covers were unpainted and it had the old windscreen that matches your photo. Roll cage appears the same as do wheels. Dzus fasteners are in the same places for front spoiler. I have a spare front spoiler with the exact Porsche script/font that came with the car. Same side mirrors. Rearview mirror is different.

Click to view attachment
CptTripps
That's awesome. We're here in Georgia so that matches up!
TheCabinetmaker
That car looks like a right hand drive.
poorsche914
QUOTE(The Cabinetmaker @ Nov 26 2016, 07:07 PM) *

I thought the same thing at first glance but I believe the helmet is resting on the windscreen.

driving.gif
TheCabinetmaker
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Nov 26 2016, 06:15 PM) *

QUOTE(The Cabinetmaker @ Nov 26 2016, 07:07 PM) *

I thought the same thing at first glance but I believe the helmet is resting on the windscreen.

driving.gif

I do think you are correct.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.