Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: rocker panel jack points
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
carcus
Curious, my earlier 914 had the jack assist points on the side of the rockers, my 1976 has the OEM steel ones without the square jack pad holes. Did they do away with the jack assist points on the later model or are they still under there if the rockers are removed?
SirAndy
Jack Assist Points?
confused24.gif
carcus
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Nov 26 2016, 11:00 PM) *

Jack Assist Points?
confused24.gif

The ones on the lower door panel rockers that a square jack assist can slide in.
SirAndy
Ok, now i'm completely confused. There is only one type of jack post on a 914.

They all accept the square jack.
popcorn[1].gif
SixerJ
Andy, I think he means that his rocker covers don't have holes? Which also means the jack point would have been cut back

To Andy's point, yes all 914s regardless of year came with the jack point, plus a hole in the rocker cover & plastic plug in the hole

Sounds like your car has been modified or not repaired properly in the past

Pictures please

cary
QUOTE(carcus @ Nov 26 2016, 08:41 PM) *

Curious, my earlier 914 had the jack assist points on the side of the rockers, my 1976 has the OEM steel ones

Do you mean the round ones on the bottom of the car ?
iwanta914-6
If you don't have a square hole in your "OEM" steel rocker panels, then they are not OEM. I'm guessing there was some rust around the jack points and they were removed when the longs were repaired. Maybe the hole in the rocker was patched?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.