Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Completely OT old negatives, What to do?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914bub
Super off topic, but still car related.

I own a bunch of negatives that I'm thinking about making posters or prints of. My background is Volvo repair. I bought a large lot of negatives from a photographer who was employed by Volvo to take their pictures for them from 1968~1973 Some of the negatives show art work ,that was used in accessory brochures but not completed yet. Pretty cool. I own brochures that show the artwork in its final state.

So the question is: does anybody have An online service for printing posters from photo negatives?
maddin
I'd scan them all ,that way you can fix them up digitally and pack the negatives away safely.
I scanned all my old slides and never have to touch them again...
bandjoey
What size film?
ripper911
Are you thinking about selling them?

What would Volvo say?
RickS
First you will need to digitize the negatives. Amazon has a ton of low cost digitizers. https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywo...sl_54spj77mz5_e

Then email to your local FedEx Kinkos or Walmart or Costco and tell them what size you want.

I found this image on the Bird and FedEx Kinkos turned it into a poster whic I had framed.

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.