Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 911 shell weight
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
garrettlee2
I got old 911 from my dad now I need to get it from Idaho. It's a bare rolling shell so I was planning on stripping the suspension doors hood putting the parts in my Sprinter and towing the shell down on a small trailer. My question is how much does a bare 67 shell weigh? Or does anyone know some reliable to ship a car from Twin falls idaho to riverside California?Click to view attachment
Bulldog9
Pelican has a bunch of threads on this
bdstone914
Nice lumber storage rack.
If the tires are good you could flat tow it with the tow bar set up I have. Hope for good weather.
garrettlee2
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Nov 27 2016, 10:51 PM) *

Nice lumber storage rack.
If the tires are good you could flat tow it with the tow bar set up I have. Hope for good weather.

The front suspension is quite rusty, but thanks that was my first thought
Unobtanium-inc
I'll make it easy on you, just tell me where to pick it up...

Just kidding. Seriously, given the distances involved your best bet is to fly in, rent the small U-haul with a trailer and take that back. You'll save on time and gas going out there empty and there will be no worries on weight. If you want to maximize the trip put the empty truck space on U-ship, someone probably needs something going that way, it might pay for the whole trip
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.