Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Having 914 Withdrawal symptoms
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Neil914
I just moved to Fort Lauderdale to pursue a career in yachting but my 914 is sitting in my dad's garage in Colorado and I won't get to it for months. Are there any enthusiasts in the area that would take me for a ride or be interested in talking Porches and beyond? Maybe even turn a few wrenches. I am big into to autocross by the way.
-Neil
whitetwinturbo
wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif
carcus
I am in Colorado Springs but I could have some fun in those cars for free. Used to have a Guards Red 996 with the IMS fix but would love to rag out another 996/997. Right now just regular driving is ragging out my 1976 914 2.0. Little but of electrical quirks...but under a car cover for winter. I do give thanks to Mark at 914 rubber for getting my seals in order.

Next mission, getting a Stage 2 Roush supercharger for the 2015 Stang at 720 HP after install. Just paid off that dang stang....LOL
QUOTE(Neil914 @ Nov 28 2016, 09:40 AM) *

I just moved to Fort Lauderdale to pursue a career in yachting but my 914 is sitting in my dad's garage in Colorado and I won't get to it for months. Are there any enthusiasts in the area that would take me for a ride or be interested in talking Porches and beyond? Maybe even turn a few wrenches. I am big into to autocross by the way.
-Neil

Simple, solution for your simple concern.

Buy a keg, when you feel sad, down a gallon of your favorite and it will disappear. beer3.gif
Rsjg911
Hi and Welcome to Sunny Florida.

We have a very active Gold Coast Region here who are into DEs, AXs, show and socializing. There are probably 7-10 Teeners here but most have multiple Porsches.

December 3rd (the first Saturday of the month) is Porsches and Pancakes just west of you at Kristof's Kafe, 8912 W. State Road 84 in the Pine Island Ridge Plaza beginning at 7:45am and there is a potluck dinner on Sunday the 4th at a member's home.

Give me a call and I'll fill you in on everything, and WELCOME!! piratenanner.gif

Ron
954-873-7442
Elliot Cannon
I'll be happy to drive either one of those to Florida for you for the price of a plane ticket home. biggrin.gif
Neil914
QUOTE(396 @ Nov 29 2016, 03:23 PM) *

-Neil

Buy a keg, when you feel sad, down a gallon of your favorite and it will disappear. beer3.gif

Still 20, I have a few more months.
Neil914
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Nov 29 2016, 06:06 PM) *

I'll be happy to drive either one of those to Florida for you for the price of a plane ticket home. biggrin.gif

Clever thought, but I would do the same.
krazykonrad
My Webpage
krazykonrad
Sorry, that just looks weird.

Check out this thread here on 914world

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=299861
rnellums
Neil, when are you coming back this way?
carcus
QUOTE(Neil914 @ Nov 29 2016, 07:29 PM) *

QUOTE(396 @ Nov 29 2016, 03:23 PM) *

-Neil

Still 20, I have a few more months.

At 20 years old....I think you have nothing to worry about. The car has outlived you. It will be fine. Career in yachting....living in Florida, I think you should feel sorry about me....LOL

Would you be interested in contributions to my fund me account? So a retired vet can restore his first car overseas in the military;)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.