Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Triangle Window Seal Install
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dgraves
Anyone ever replace the triangle window seal on the 914? If so, could you rate the difficulty and provide any tips?
Thanks,
Dan
Mikey914
It's a pain in the butt. 8 out of 10. There's a thread I did here showing the process.
The only reason I gave it a 8 is that the door has to be disassembled to get to it. However it's a good time to replace many other items that you have to take out.
BeatNavy
I did this a few months back, and there's a slight complication for early cars with the support bracket. You either have to modify the seal (cut a relief in it), which is not really easy to do, or remove the support bracket altogether. I did the latter, and it worked out ok. It's at the end of that thread Mark linked posted. Consider getting other seals and window/door odds and ends "while you're in there." 914Rubber has most of those items as well.
JmuRiz
Lovely, glad to know it's easy blink.gif

I need to take stock in everything I need from 914rubber and make a huge order. I'm in the 2017 build off and still in the parts acquisition phase. Needed to take the triangle rubber off for paint, so I have to put new ones back on. mad.gif
mb911
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Nov 29 2016, 07:06 AM) *

I need to take stock in everything I need from 914rubber and make a huge order. I'm in the 2017 build off and still in the parts acquisition phase. Needed to take the triangle rubber off for paint, so I have to put new ones back on. mad.gif

I often wonder what it would cost to buy everything from 914 rubber that they make for a complete nut and bolt restoration..
Mikey914
QUOTE(mb911 @ Nov 29 2016, 02:36 PM) *

I often wonder what it would cost to buy everything from 914 rubber that they make for a complete nut and bolt restoration..

Depends on the year. The bumper tops add some kit. The restoration kit lets you play with options.
By the way, those that bought the restoration kit for early will get the grills when they ship no extra charge as a merry Christmas gift.
dgraves
Thanks to all...especially 914rubber. I'm compiling a list for this rebuild.

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Nov 29 2016, 08:12 PM) *

QUOTE(mb911 @ Nov 29 2016, 02:36 PM) *

Depends on the year. The bumper tops add some kit. The restoration kit lets you play with options.
By the way, those that bought the restoration kit for early will get the grills when they ship no extra charge as a merry Christmas gift.

carcus
914 Rubber has done wonders for me!!! I got all my seals done just before the snow is falling. Everything they do is a work of love for us owners.
JmuRiz
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Nov 29 2016, 07:12 PM) *

Wow, didn't even know there was a kit option, I guess I was asleep at the wheel. I've bought so much stuff here and there that a kit would probably be a waste at this point.
You always do right by us, so I may need to e-mail you what I need and go from there.
Mikey914
Thanks guys.
Yes We try to kit. It will be cheaper to buy (except GBs), than buying individually.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.