Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS- 914-6 Engine # 6404552 complete longblock, recent rebuild
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
CVLCPorsche
I have a genuine 1970 914-6 engine # 6404552 for sale.

$6500 USD

Here is what I know about it:

I removed it on June 14th 2016 from this car:IPB Image

At that time the car had 33,822 miles on it. The car came with the original numbers matching motor so it made sense to install the original engine. The owner referred to this motor as a "hot" motor and it definitely felt like it had a little more displacement and cams, but I don't have the specs on anything. I do know once I installed the original motor the difference in power was night and day!

The motor was supposedly rebuilt in August of 2011 at 32,017 miles, so 1,805 miles on rebuild. I do have a DVD of photos showing the motor apart. I also have the invoices from the shop that did the work. They aren't as detailed as I personally would like and its not a well known shop, so I am not guaranteeing their work. The valves were adjusted and the oil was changed at a 500 miles break-in. I had John Walker (John Walker's workshop- Seattle, WA) do the swap and he noted the following: "cams 5mm, tensioners could use a rebuild-no guards". I can tell you the motor ran beautifully and made great power when I drove it.

I used the induction, tin, etc when I swapped motors so its just a bare long block at this point. I am happy to email the engine build photos and the invoices to anyone interested.

The motor is located in Richland, WA 99354. I am happy to strap it to a pallet and drop it off somewhere for shipping. If you live in WA, OR, CA, AZ, NV and buy the motor before 12/2/2016 I would personally deliver within the week it for just the cost of fuel.

$6500 USD

I realized I have a zero post count here on 914 world, but I am a regular seller on Pelican Parts under the same username (CVLCPorsche) or on Rennlist (Nathan1).

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
914forme
PM sent
Jett
Second... interested, PM sent.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.