Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I've been away but have been bizz-ee
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scooter311
Hey folks!
I've been away from the computer for a while, but have been pretty busy with the car. Now that the better weather's here, I've tackled the muffler situation, and gotten my gauge trim rings installed (both sets, for the console and the dash panel). I've installed the trunk shock kit (thanks Craig), door panels, and shift knob and boot.

I scored a perfect 2.0 banana muffler locally (along with a new front spoiler both for 70 bucks YAY for me smilie_pokal.gif ) and turned it into a 'sport'style muffler, with 2 1/2 inch pipes, hand-hacked glasspacks, and dual supertrapps. If anyone remembers (or cares), I was looking for a muffler to cut up after selling my monza. I found a deal, and proceeded to hack off the tailpipe from the end, weld the hole shut, and weld 2 pipes straight out the back. Well lemme tells ya, IT SUCKED - it sounded like a friggin' WWI crop duster. Then, I put on a set of Supertrapp 'disc only' mufflers. Wow, it looked absolutely trick from behind, but still LOUD as heck. As I sat in the garage, looking around, thinking about how this 30 dollar muffler now turned into a 270 dollar mess, I saw my old YZ250 silencer hanging on the wall. Hmmmmm..... 10 minutes later, I had the core out of it, sectioned, wrapped in glass, and stuffed in each pipe, with the Supertrapps on the ends. WOOOHOOOO! Man, you guys can't believe how good it sounds, and it looks totally trick too!

If anyone is interested, I'll post some pics this week, as my lunch is over, and I hafta get back to work now (whaaa).

See you all later, (miss hanging out with everyone, hope you're all well)
Jeff
Luke M
Hey, Jeff
You need to bring your 914 over so I can check it out.
Then you can check out the 75 I got. beerchug.gif
Luke
scooter311
Hey Luke, right on - when are you home?

BTW, those euro lenses polished up great, thanks again.
smile.gif
SpecialK
"If anyone is interested, I'll post some pics this week....."

Hell yes we want pics.....lots of them!! biggrin.gif
redshift
Yeah Scooty, let's see this Frankenmuff... ler..

smile.gif

M
scooter311
Fine, then photos there shall be!

Muhahaaa

Well, after this weekend at least, it's been too rainy to bring it home from storage and start driving it regularly again..... sad.gif

Luke M
Hey , Jeff
Do you still have my phone # ?
If not e-mail or pm me.
Work and R.P.D. process have kept me pretty busy wacko.gif
I may do a few more things on the 914 on Sat. welder.gif
Luke
Gint
Welcome back.

now...

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.