Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FI Throttle Body
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jim_hoyland
Question centers on the butterfly in an L-Jet throttle body. Should the butterfly open completely; that is 90 degrees to the TB throat ? Mine opens about 1/3 of the way when my accelerator pedal hits the pedal stop.
76-914
I would think so Jim. My DJet opens all the way. Can you open it all the way manually?
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(76-914 @ Nov 30 2016, 04:02 PM) *

I would think so Jim. My DJet opens all the way. Can you open it all the way manually?

Yes; it easily opens all the way when I turn it by hand; I just want to know before I adjust the pedal stop. It seems that opening 1/3 of the way using the accelerator cable allows for plenty of power.
Chris914n6
Full 90* is rare. All the newer stuff I've seen is I would guess is about 80*. There is a valid engineering reason for that but I couldn't tell you for sure why, it's all hearsay on the 350z board.
rhodyguy
Adjust the stop.
Krieger
Dude, that's like +50 horsepower by adjusting the stop! Do it! Okay, maybe not 50... Report back the difference.
Elliot Cannon
No wonder your car is so slow. av-943.gif poke.gif
914_teener
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Nov 30 2016, 10:10 PM) *

No wonder your car is so slow. av-943.gif poke.gif

av-943.gif Jim is a safe driver Eliyut.

Very safe.
Krieger
He's got those big bumpers to protect him!
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Krieger @ Nov 30 2016, 09:59 PM) *

Dude, that's like +50 horsepower by adjusting the stop! Do it! Okay, maybe not 50... Report back the difference.

Big change at the "new" WOT position; there was money left on the table.
Krieger
aktion035.gif Live the dream!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.