Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Camber shims
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jeffs9146
This may seem like a stupid question but I like the tires kicked out a bit at the bottom!

I have been thinking about lowering the back one more notch and removing one, 2mm camber shim on each side.

Does anyone have any negatives to doing this other than its effect on the inside of the tire?
J P Stein
Lower the car first, then check the camber.
I lowered mine in back 3/4 inch and found that removing a 2mm shim gave 2.2 deg neg camber.
I started with about .5 deg neg.

The back end was a snap, the front is proving more of a challenge.

I got my Tarett strut mounts yesterday. They sure are purdy.
Jeffs9146
So, you don't see any problem with it? If I lower the car one notch and get the 2.2mm then there is no need to remove the shims right?

I am not worried about the front......yet!

Jeff
ChrisReale
Lower it first. I did as JP, and noticed more camber when I put the lowest spring perch into use. beer.gif
Jeffs9146
Thanks guys!!
Bleyseng
If you are driving it on the street watch out for being too low. Some of those "Sleeping Policeman" make a great sound when you drag the engine mount bar!
Just a side note, in Suriname they stick those damn things everywhere and they are not painted. Great fun driving down the wrong side of the road at 50 mph and hitting one! Must be something the Dutch came up with.....
Geoff
ChrisReale
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Jan 31 2003, 02:23 PM)
If you are driving it on the street watch out for being too low. Some of those "Sleeping Policeman" make a great sound when you drag the engine mount bar!
Just a side note, in Suriname they stick those damn things everywhere and they are not painted. Great fun driving down the wrong side of the road at 50 mph and hitting one! Must be something the Dutch came up with.....
Geoff

that and mayonaise.
Jeffs9146
Is that where mayo came from??

I am only lowering it one (more) notch so I think I will still be ok!!

Isn't the law in California "the hight of a beer can from the seat next to you"? If so I think I have about 1 inch left beerchug.gif And I will test it when I finish my beer!

Jeff
ChrisReale
I dont know if mayo came from there, but my girlfriends family is dutch and they put it on everything. Kinda gross barf.gif
Jeffs9146
I love mayo!! Does your girlfriend have a cute sister?? We could eat mayo on everything smlove2.gif

Jeff
Bleyseng
I don't like any of the Dutch food I have had to eat so far. Pretty boring compared to Surinamese food which is hot and spicey that way I like my women.
Geoff clap56.gif
Jeroen
Hey, at least Dutch food tastes like something (with or without mayonaise) biggrin.gif
Haven't seen a decent american food product so far

The bread sucks...

The beer is like making love in a canoo...

Rootbeer???? I dunno what that is supposed to be, but it tastes like liquid bubble gum...

Cheese, well, it is that someone told me that that is what you call that, but you couldda fooled me...

Don't get me started on your god awfull taste for candy... your teeth don't even await the chance to rot, they just jump right outta your mouth

Salad is supposed to be a side dish... not an apetizer
Oh, and a salad is supposed to be more than just letuce and a weird dressing

Pan cakes... errrr... dunno why you call them pan cakes, but they've got nothing to do with it
And that maple sirup is just barf.gif

Breakfast is not a Big Mac nor a sausage with baked potatoes...

If I order a softdrink, why do I get a 2 gallon bucket with 1 gallon of ice?

That brown water you call coffee? Does that really keep you awake?
(and who ever invented strawberry flavored coffee????)

Why do I get funny looks if I order coffee or a coke in a bar?

Man, don't get me started biggrin.gif

pain30.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
Bleyseng
Now I have to give the Dutch props on their cheese, now that is good.
Who drinks root beer unless its homemade....
The French make the best bread.....
Seattle beer is all micro brews so it tastes good and it's cold not like that British beer. No one drinks Bud or animal beer unless you live in a trailer
You get 2 gallons of ice in a bucket with a little pop if you go to 7/11 with the other white trash and the hot dogs they sell are not food just a byproduct of what?
Seattle Coffee is strong and tastes good, hell it's the only that keeps us from growing moss. We don't put any of that wussy cream and sugar in it either. I can send you some Surinamese coffee too if you want, (hard to get). The Dutch are still mad that Suriname left as it supplied Europe with all the coffee 100 years ago.
Pancakes were invented by the miners in the California gold rush. Yep they used to make in a pan but hey thats California for you.
I want to know is how did the miners get the maple syrup from Vermont? That's a long ways in the 1850's
Don't like Dutch chocolate either as it's funny tasting but good for cooking
We don't eat Big Macs for breakfast, we eat EggMcmuffins
Geoff
ChrisReale
The Swedish have bad taste in candy. They sell gummy bears covered in fucking salt
Dave Cawdrey
I dunno, Chris. Swedish Fish are dang good!! laugh.gif

As for the shims, we tried none... dont work! smash.gif
ChrisReale
Dave, swedish fish are about as european as french fries. yes they are tasty, buyt if you buy them in sweden, they will be covered in salt. Try it next time you eat a swedish fish. tastes like a sardine barf.gif
Bleyseng
French fries aren't French???
Talk about bursting my bubble......
Don't the Dutch like to put mayo on their fries too?
I prefer Tatar Sauce myself....from Ivars
Geoff
Jeffs9146
OK Geoff,

What would your girlfriend say about the Dutch thing????

ar15.gif Geoff (spell it right, where are you from anyway!!) lol

Just joking biggrin.gif

Jeff
Bleyseng
She likes the Dutch food as to her its soothing. So far to me its not, atleast what I have had except the cheese. Planning on going to Holland to visit her sister and stay with Jeroen this summer so I will hold my final judgement till then. I perfer the spicer food that she cooks ie Chinese, Surianese dishes. Have you seen her pic? She is Chinese (look in family thread page two)
In Suriname and Curacao(Dutch Island) you can have any kind of beer you want but the only kind you can get (mostly) is Amstel (Parbo is the name in Surianme). The Dutch Co. has a lock on the market not that it is bad just can I have something else besides this?
The coffee in Suriname is awful because all you can get is the freeze dried Dutch coffee. There is only one place you can buy the Suriname roasted coffee beans, go figure. I brought as a gifts 20lbs of Costco coffee and people loved it.
But then I don't like the Chinese deserts much as they seem to leave out all the sugar!
So I can't wait to go to Holland and eat and drink. I am sure it has got to be better over there, if not France is close by.
Geoff
(born and raised in Seattle and waiting for some paint to dry on some 914 parts)
Jeffs9146
She looks Asian/dutch(lol)

My ex-1 was blond with blue eyes and my ex-2 was Asian.

Easy come easy go....must be the porsche in the living room that drives them away!!!lol

Jeff
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(Jeroen @ Jan 31 2003, 06:26 PM)

And that maple sirup is just barf.gif

Hey, real maple syrup is not just for pancakes. I drink it straight from the bottle usually. Better than any damn candy!
tongue.gif
ChrisFoley
Oh, yeah.
-2 degrees is a lot of negative camber for a street car. Works good for autocrossing though.
After changing shims be sure to check the toe out/in. If you get one side toed in, and the other out, the car will go down the road on an angle. blink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.