Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Solid Shank Rivets...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Eric_Shea
Does anybody know anything about solid shank rivets like those on the fog lights (just like those on the fog lights)? These are the ones that attach the mounts to the shell. They're brass, solid shaft and smashed down on the inside.

I'm wondering if there's some inexpensive tool or someplace that will pop them in for you. confused24.gif

Thanks in advance.
TimT
Aircraft Spruce is your friend

they sell the tool for rivets like these... it aint cheap though...

I think you could modify a set of vise grips to work
Mueller
air hammer with a piece of metal on the backside or try the hand squeeze method (tool shown on page below)

Aircraft Spruce:

Rivet Tools
Eric_Shea
What type of shops might have this equipment (so as I could stop by and pay them a visit)?
spare time toys
Go past the local airport and find a small aircraft repair place and have one of the guys shoot them for you. If you were local I'd do them no problen.
Eric_Shea
Kevin (Special K) stepped up smilie_pokal.gif

Should have the rivets on te way. Now to practice with the air hammer and buck bar. If I can't get it I've got a friend that works at Hill AFB... he can probably get them in there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.