Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I just picked up a 1973 Porsche 914 2.0 in Raspberry.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pristineusa
I just bought a few 914 cars and 1 happens to be code 98 Raspberry. Its a 1973 2.0 that is very solid and only surface rust here and there. Its been sitting for years, but crank when i put a battery on it. The owner said it drove when he parked it. Just thought i would share with fellow members.
Russell Click to view attachment
sb914
That's a rare color . Nice find! More pics please and welcome.png
sb914
What are the others?
pristineusa
!974 914 2.0 possible LE and a 1974 2.0 white
pristineusa
Click to view attachment
pristineusa
Click to view attachment
mbseto
Nice score!
pristineusa
Click to view attachment
pristineusa
Click to view attachment
pristineusa
Heres the possible LE vin
pristineusa
Click to view attachment
pristineusa
Click to view attachment
JeffBowlsby
Its possible. Call PCNA at 1800-PORSCHE and ask for the COA department. Give them the VIN and ask if it has paint code U2V9 and Can Am equipment M-778.
pristineusa
I done it on Friday. It has the gray headlight motor covers. Thanks Russell
pristineusa
Sorry Jeff, I mean't i applied for COA on Friday. I will call this week. Thanks for the info. Russell
pristineusa
Here are some more pictures
SirAndy
QUOTE(pristineusa @ Dec 4 2016, 07:15 AM) *
I just picked up a 1973 Porsche 914 2.0 in Raspberry

Yes!
smilie_pokal.gif
ottox914
Very cool. Great find. Restore it and have a super cool and rare car. I think Area 51 has one or 2 in that color.
pristineusa
heres some pictures of the other 2 914 cars i bought.
sb914
Nice quiver!
Krieger
Very cool! I love that cooler. I painted my Karmen Ghia that color in '86.
pristineusa
Thanks. I also have a 73 2.0 with a GB euro motor. Matching # per COA
pristineusa
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
JeffBowlsby
IF that's an LE, it will be the first one I have seen with that dark brown interior. Usually its the light tan or 'cinnamon' color.
pristineusa
This car could be bits and pieces of other cars i.e. Bumpers, Valance, wheels, suspension and so forth. It could be just a regular 2.0 or an LE. They could have swap interiors as well. It will be interesting to see what the COA say.
pristineusa
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Dec 4 2016, 09:09 PM) *

IF that's an LE, it will be the first one I have seen with that dark brown interior. Usually its the light tan or 'cinnamon' color.

By the way Jeff, It was all info from your website that made me even start to think it maybe a LE. Thanks Russell
billh1963
Awesome score!!!
rjames
Cool find!

That said, wow...raspberry with a tan interior. The 70s sure had it's share of colorblind people.
Kansas 914
My 75 is not originally Raspberry but it is a cool color!

Click to view attachment
flat4guy
I painted a car in the late 80's Porsche Raspberry - people thought I was crazy. Love that color.
rick 918-S
Nice find!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.