Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fastest Porsche at the Autocross
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Ricard
Whoo Hoo!!! mueba.gif
and to those 4 losers that snubbed before we ran flipa.gif
My son and I usually walk around and admire the other cars. new Carrera 4S, Carrera convertible 996, a 993 and a 944 NA.
Not one of them snooty little weenies would give me the time of day.
The Cobra owner, the S2000's, all the STS guys and the Hot girl friends are all cool and love to talk cars.

Shit the 993 failed tech till he could figure out how to fasten down his battery lol2.gif (prick) I offered help and TOOLS.
Well I beat every one of them with my Little yellow hot rod VW rocking nana.gif

Also won 1st in Class ahead of a Hopped up Ford Lightening and New mazda Miata speed (wonder why he was in SM-2 idea.gif The truck by 6 seconds and the speed by 1.8 seconds

Yea that little car was ON BABY. and the driver wasn't so shabby either. driving.gif
TimT
I like it!!!
jim912928
cool....now I bet those porsche owners are at the dealership this week having the mechanics find out what is wrong with their cars...because there is not a snowballs chance in hell that a 914 could beat them unless something is broken! lmao
Verruckt
Oh now you've done it. You've pissed off the whine and cheese crowd... finger.gif

GOOD FOR YOU!! smilie_pokal.gif
Joe Ricard
Yeah, probably getting another dose of carbon fiber shft knob or visor clips. rolleyes.gif
Dave_Darling
Heh... I showed up to a joint PCA/ESCA event one day, my first one with them in a year or two at that point. I heard a couple of snide remarks about the "VW showing up to a Porsche club event"--but mostly from the ESCA folks.

After my first run, I saw several jaws hanging down. "That thing can really move!! What do you have in there, anyway?" "This is ninety five rockin' VW horsepower, man! And street tires, too!" lol2.gif

Damn, I love to do that...

--DD
9144guy
our car a 914/4 1650 lbs racer somked a gt3 at the autocross in miama okla. spring fling ,he was pissed! we got 2nd
ottox914
Was that a Porsche club thing only, or were there others you showed tail lights to? How many cars total?

WAY TO GO !!!!

Always fun to show the check book racer crowd what they are missing...

J P Stein
Ya'll prolly ruint the 993 & 996 guys.....no more AX for them laugh.gif Just maybe (if they're not total candy asses) they'll come back & try you again.

I seen some damn fast "stock"(SCCA stock) 996s & 993s, but have never personally been beaten by a GT3 biggrin.gif Come up against any of these cars that have been prepped and have a shoe behind the wheel and he'll make your eyes get big.

Joe Ricard
So true JP, the driver makes a big percentage of the cars performance.
SCCA has the nicest people. Must have talked to the guy with the RABY powered Lola for 1/2 hour and then throughout most of the day. Man a 2316 sure can push that light ass car.
r_towle
QUOTE (9144guy @ Apr 25 2005, 09:36 PM)
our car a 914/4 1650 lbs racer somked a gt3 at the autocross in miama okla. spring fling ,he was pissed! we got 2nd

1650 lbs.....

Lets see some pics of that one....

Rich
charlesmac
Did you have your top on this time? If so,that's the difference, j/k.
great job Joe!
more proof that any body can own a fast car, but not every body can drive a fast car.

charles
Trekkor
Nice!

I love beating really expensive newer cars.
I had a satisfying pair of a/x's this weekend as well. wink.gif

KT
Thorshammer
I had an autocross 914 in 1984-85 A street prepared in SCCA terms. I don't remember what class for PCA, because I only raced (autocrossed) with them once. After setting top time of day with a lame 2.0 with heat exchangers and webers, I had a guy come by the car with his buddy. His buddy says "man this thing is fast!" The other "Dude" says "yeah, but look at the paint". I knew right then and there I would never again go to a PCA event. If I wanted to socialize, I would go somewhere I could get laid. Not to a Auto X full of snobs.

Erik Madsen
Joe Ricard
QUOTE (charlesmac @ Apr 26 2005, 12:41 PM)
Did you have your top on this time?  If so,that's the difference, j/k.  
great job Joe!
more proof that any body can own a fast car, but not every body can drive a fast car.

charles

Charles I am hoping you will call me before the next event up by you.
I only need 20 minutes to pack and what do you think for travel time @ say 80 to 90 MPH?
charlesmac
The last one was cancelled due to a motorcycle expo at the same place. I'll have to check to see when the next one will be.
I'm thinking less than 3 hours travel time. i will get in touch when i find out more.

charles
Allan
All I can say is that you have one of the most bitchin cars I have ever seen. That car is the best, in my HO. I love it.
chilli
It is really more fun to take them into an offramp and look in the mirror and see what is happening behind you.

mike driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.