Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help on 3 questions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
simonjb
Hi

I have 3 questions I need some help with. Thanks!

1) Can I replace the two short brake fluid hoses that are shown here without bleeding the brakes?

Click to view attachment

2) Does anyone know the size of the two vent hose that are shown here that connect to the Charcoal canister ?

Click to view attachment

3) I need to find a plastic insert like this one thats shown on the front panel behind the front bumper Click to view attachment
rmdinmd
#1 I am pretty sure yes, they are the reservoir lines to the master cylinder and the air will self bleed up to the fluid reservoir.

#3 if you are talking about the white piece, I don't know; If you are talking about to plug the round holes I believe that 914rubber has them.
simonjb
Yes, the white insert
ottox914
#1- I would consider bleeding the brakes anyway. I would not try to pinch off the plastic lines, as they are super old and brittle. As noted, Air should travel up, drain out master cylinder, swap lines, and promptly clean up any drips on the paint. And don't tighten the new clamps to tight. Don't want to crack those lines.

#2- don't know- I got rid of mine a long time ago.

#3- http://shop.914rubber.com/Bumpers_c13.htm

Good luck.
TheCabinetmaker
The reservoir gravity feeds to the master. Just pull the hoses off an replace them. Like mentioned, those hoses are brittle. Tighten the clamps gently.just enough to keep them from coming off. No need to pinch the hard lines off. Just hold them out of the way and cover the ends while they are open. Empty the reservoir first. You'll lose a bit of fluid out of the hoses when removing. Catch it with an absorbent cloth or big sponge. Be careful with the hard lines.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.