Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Car Video Available Online
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ChrisFoley
Copy this into the Open URL box in the File pulldown list of Windows Media Player
"http://www.tangerineracing.com/images/LRP In The Rain.wmv" (without the quotes)
to see my recent race win on video. The file is 4mb and runs nearly 6 minutes.
elmonte
Page not found???
madd_dogg_914
I saw it just fine, and all I have to say is NICE JOB!!! I can't believe you could even see! Although I am sure the video quality had a little sumthing to do with that, but it looked like you couldn't see anything until you were right on top of it (literally in a couple of cases) Anyways, much props man! From one Chris to another, GREAT JOB! smilie_pokal.gif

-Chris
ChrisReale
Why no wipers? Nice job!
elmonte
Fingered it out

Great racing . #1 car at the start was very lucky that
you had great reactions when he spun infront of you.
great pass on the #35 Better than SPEEDVISION!!!!!
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(ChrisReale @ Jun 26 2003, 12:28 AM)
Why no wipers?

Wipers?? I don't need no stinkin' wipers!! laugh.gif
A double coat of Rain-x is better than wipers IMO. The only thing better would be both.
95% of the time it doesn't rain, and the wiper ass'y is weight located relatively high in the car, and I don't use an alternator, and the wiper blades add drag, and ...Therefore I go without the wipers. biggrin.gif
The visibility was bad, but mostly it was due to a mist over the track, stirred up by the tires. When there was no traffic it was a lot easier to see.
Jeroen
very cool vid!
I specially liked the "victory fist" at the end
very well done!

cheers,

Jeroen
ninefourteener
That was BAD ASS!!!!

Man.... I wish I had the balls to race my teener, or had the cash to build a racecar, that would be AWESOME!

Gotta stick with the streetcar thing though rolleyes.gif

Awesome job though...... so how pissed were you when that red car lost control and held you back at the beginning?? LOL
Bruce Allert
I got a cramp in mah gas foot pushin on the floor the whole time I was watch'n smilie_pokal.gif
good job Chris! Great video too. That was fun clap56.gif
let's doit again.........
bruce
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(ninefourteener @ Jun 26 2003, 07:54 AM)
so how pissed were you when that red car lost control and held you back at the beginning?? LOL

I was already pissed off at the red datsun 210 for being slow on the start. If not for him holding the blue Scirocco and me back on the inside row, we both would have been ahead of the Fiat by the first turn. When the Fiat spun & I had to stop I momentarily thought the race was over for me. I never thought I would catch up to the front running cars. I calmed down quickly though, and took it 1 lap at a time, for the next 29 laps.
Bruce Allert
What were the speeds on some of the corners & straights?
bruce
Curvie Roadlover
I thought I recognised the climbing turn and the diving turn from Lime Rock. Tough to see with the shitty visablilty and the editing. But then I looked at your location on your profile - CT. Lime Rock for sure. That's a beautiful track. Please post some video if you get in some nice sunny day laps. I agree that a good fresh coat of rain-x is better than wipers. I'm sure (I certainly hope) your actual visibility was better than what was portrayed in the video. Thanks!!
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(Bruce Allert @ Jun 26 2003, 02:22 PM)
What were the speeds on some of the corners & straights?
bruce

Top speed was near 100 at the end of the main straight, down to about 50 in the first turn. Top speed before the uphill turn was about 85, braking down to 60-65 for the entry to the turn. The diving turn was taken at about 70-75 mph. In the dry I take the diving turn at closer to 90.
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(Curvie Roadlover @ Jun 26 2003, 04:02 PM)
Please post some video if you get in some nice sunny day laps.

I'm sure (I certainly hope) your actual visibility was better than what was portrayed in the video. Thanks!!

Now that I can edit my own videos with Pinnacle Studio I'll make another one in dry conditions. I'm racing next week there, and I have some good footage from races last year as well.

The low res. of the video file I made definitely makes it look worse than it really was, but it was truly awful when following multiple cars. On the first lap, going into the first turn, I had no idea what was ahead - in the mist - so I braked plenty early. Once I got used to the way my car was handling I got my braking point down to the 4 marker. In the dry I can go a little beyond the 2 marker, but I don't have to slow as much either.
Alexlitov
Link to the movie
Alexlitov
wow. that's some scary shit. I have a bad experience from sliding in the rain on the freeway. how can you see with no wipers? you should try rain-x next time.
VegasRacer
Very nice driving Chris. smilie_pokal.gif
Excellent job on not T-boning the red #1. ohmy.gif

I have always enjoyed racing in the rain. It makes me feel like my 4 is powerful.
My camera is set at the same angle so I pick up some action in the mirror.

My eyes hurt from straining to see thru the mist.
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Jun 26 2003, 09:27 PM)

My eyes hurt from straining to see thru the mist.

I realized part way through the race that when I got closer, things became clearer, so I stopped straining to see through the mist.
Actually I spent many laps during the race all alone on the track and the visibility was much better with no traffic.
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(Alexlitov @ Jun 26 2003, 08:52 PM)
wow. that's some scary shit. I have a bad experience from sliding in the rain on the freeway. how can you see with no wipers? you should try rain-x next time.

Believe me, if I didn't have Rain-x on the windshield it would have been impossible to drive.

Thanks for setting up the link. (I didn't know Media Player would launch automatically)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.