Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOLD! FS: tail shift transmission
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
914 RZ-1
I have a tail shift transmission that is in decent shape. I took it out of a car that sat for 20 years. I've driven the car about 3,000 miles with it and everything works well.

I have all the parts (from shift lever to where it connects at the back!), minus a few bolts and minor, easily obtained parts. I even changed the shift bearings.

I'd like $400 shipped (it's big and heavy and I have to ship it in 2 separate parcels) for everything. If you live in LA we can meet and save on shipping.
Rand
Which is it? Side or tail shift?
914 RZ-1
QUOTE(Rand @ Dec 4 2016, 06:32 PM) *

Which is it? Side or tail shift?

Tail. Thanks for catching my error! I've changed the original post.
Rand
Thanks. Might want to edit the topic title. wink.gif
GLWS beerchug.gif

[edit]LOL, you're quick! smile.gif[/edit]
914 RZ-1
icon_bump.gif
914 RZ-1
icon_bump.gif

Shipping will be about $200. If you live anywhere near Northern LA County, we can meet and you can get the transmission and all the fixin's for around $200.

Makes a great stocking stuffer!
914 RZ-1
icon_bump.gif

I still have this! Help me make some room in my garage!

I will be travelling up the 5N (or 99) to Sacramento in April and I can deliver it if you live near (within 15 minutes) of the freeway.
Dr Evil
Hey man, tail shifts really aren't desirable (unless /6 which I would buy for that price). But I can at least give you pointers on your shipping cost to cut it in half. I use a Rubbermaid trash can and ship fedex ground. If you pack the can with old linens, or cardboard, its about 90#. Cost me around $100 to ship coast to coast. The external parts are even less desirable, unfortunately, so may want to separate to remove need for second parcel. Hope you sell this!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.