Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Told ya I'd be moving over here soon!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RichPugh
It's official... I'm a 914 owner. I sold my 993 to fund a renovation on a piece of real estate but I was feeling car-lonely and finally just decided to pick up a 914. I've wanted one for the better part of my entire life. I'm 42... My mother had a 75 or 76 Yellow 914 around 1985-86 and I've been a fan ever since.

I picked up a nice 73 2.0 from a friend who bought it off a Rennlister and probably a 914World member no doubt. It's not perfect but its clean, limited rust issues (some previous repair, some to come), runs well (needs a clutch), and will be a really fun never-ending project.

I'm sure you've seen the car around... the PO had it for sale in the lot at Hershey. No solid offers so he took it home and continued to enjoy it. But, hes building a 911 RSR clone car so I made him an offer and he took it to continue to fund the bigger project.

I have all sorts of ideas and plans but for now, I'll get used to driving it and probably do a clutch over the winter and worry about any big changed next winter after a season of enjoying it the way it is currently (for the most part).

-Rich

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

SKL1
Nice looking, but should have tried to keep the 993. You'll miss it!!
mepstein
welcome.png great looking car.
cary
welcome.png

Welcome ...................... Great looking car.
RichPugh
QUOTE(SKL1 @ Dec 4 2016, 11:33 PM) *

Nice looking, but should have tried to keep the 993. You'll miss it!!

I DO... but if all goes according to plan with the real estate renovation, I'll have the extra income to warrant purchasing another 993 sooner than later smile.gif

Here's my old 993...

IPB Image

IPB Image
porbmw
welcome.png
The 993 is a beauty
But
So is the teener...
love the colour, and the stripes...
RickS
You have great taste in beautiful cars. The 993 was gorgeous. Welcome and enjoy.
Big Len
I remember your new car from last year's Hershey meet. Very nice and best of luck with it. Hope to see it next year.
RichPugh
Thanks everyone. The 914 Community is TINY comparatively speaking but I'm excited to join. You'll surely see me around the Baltimore/Washington DC area. Lots of great back roads north of Baltimore smile.gif
Cairo94507
Nice looking 914 Rich. smilie_pokal.gif welcome.png
JustinMeier
Great looking car!
Costa05
Nice 914!
napasteve
Nice 914 Rich. I'm a big fan of both the 914 and 993.
Click to view attachment
Steve
I had a 993, but it was a tiptronic, so I don't miss it at all. If it had a manual trans, I would probably still have it.
green914
Very nice looking cars. welcome.png
TargaToy
Congrats and welcome!!

I'm a Marylander too and I notice you've tagged it Historic which in MD means you can avoid inspection. I have 2 cars, including my 914, tagged historic and I just got my letter a couple months ago stating that it's now unlawful to drive the cars to work or to school (the kids were using an old Supra).

This means the cheap fun is over and as soon as my 914 is back on the road I plan to have it inspected and tagged as a regular vehicle.

What are folks saying about this matter over on your side of the bay?
SKL1
Love that 993 especially with the ducktail- were those M Walker wheels??

Obligatory picture of my son and I celebrating the removal of the engine and transaxle in the 993- my '71 914 is in the background so there is 914 content!

Click to view attachment
carr914
Rich, here are the Wheel Part #s & Offsets you asked for

Click to view attachment
914-300Hemi
welcome.png
Nice looking 993 and teener.
RichPugh
QUOTE(TargaToy @ Dec 6 2016, 04:33 PM) *

Congrats and welcome!!

I'm a Marylander too and I notice you've tagged it Historic which in MD means you can avoid inspection. I have 2 cars, including my 914, tagged historic and I just got my letter a couple months ago stating that it's now unlawful to drive the cars to work or to school (the kids were using an old Supra).

This means the cheap fun is over and as soon as my 914 is back on the road I plan to have it inspected and tagged as a regular vehicle.

What are folks saying about this matter over on your side of the bay?

Those tags are the PO's but I do plan to tag it Historic still. I wouldn't drive the car to work or anywhere common daily so the law as it states, "It can only be used in exhibitions, club activities, parades, tours, occasional transportation and similar uses", isn't terribly restrictive. Cars & Coffee and a few hours of backroads is about all I get to enjoy these days so "occasional transportation" it is! Traveling to Hershey every year I just make sure I have a show flyer in the car. I take my chances anyway with no front tag too. Ah well sunglasses.gif
RichPugh
QUOTE(SKL1 @ Dec 6 2016, 06:41 PM) *

Love that 993 especially with the ducktail- were those M Walker wheels??

Obligatory picture of my son and I celebrating the removal of the engine and transaxle in the 993- my '71 914 is in the background so there is 914 content!

Yep... Outlaw 001's 3pc 18x8.5 and 11's... And here's my pic when I pulled my engine for a RMS/clutch/Flywheel job and putting it back to n/a (had a TPC Supercharger on it for a year).

IPB Image

RichPugh
QUOTE(carr914 @ Dec 6 2016, 07:14 PM) *

Rich, here are the Wheel Part #s & Offsets you asked for...

Thanks! The reason I asked is I wasn't sure if you had the 911 362 115 00's or replicas. I'm starting to realize the 7" reps are also 23.3et. 7's seem like the way to go unless I can find 2 of the 951 23.3et 8's for the rear and run a stretched tire. I love the look on your car.
993inNC
You should not have one without the other. Got to get you another 993!!
PanelBilly
Now that your an owner, here's my official welcome to the world
RichPugh
QUOTE(993inNC @ Dec 6 2016, 10:22 PM) *

You should not have one without the other. Got to get you another 993!!

beerchug.gif aktion035.gif beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.