Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WCC Track Day Incidents!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
drew365
You all did a great job of keeping it on the track and under control. Howard said you could be trusted and he was right. The corner workers told me afterwards that they will do our event any time and you were a great group. I hope everyone got enough track time. Brad was the last comanche standing. I think the corner workers were telling him he was #1 on his last lap. smilie_pokal.gif
xitspd
QUOTE (drew365 @ Apr 25 2005, 06:53 PM)
You all did a great job of keeping it on the track and under control. Howard said you could be trusted and he was right. The corner workers told me afterwards that they will do our event any time and you were a great group. I hope everyone got enough track time. Brad was the last comanche standing. I think the corner workers were telling him he was #1 on his last lap. smilie_pokal.gif

Congrates on a job well done Andy......... smilie_pokal.gif Good news for us that did not make it!
Howard
I'm gonna have to write a really long thank you note to lots of folks who helped make this happen. It will be posted, and I expect all of you to support the people and sponsors. But for openers, thanks to Eric 'Lucky' Jaeger from Ironclad Gloves for his gracious donation and riding with me as in car camera man. Aged the poor guy a few years, but he never dopped the video camera.

To Steve Iverson from Streamload for buying the shirts and offering to host to more than 300mb of digital video I took this weekend. This would kill my site, and probably set Andy back a bit too. Now if we can just find a video guru to edit mine and all the others that will be coming into a manageable size......

When this opus is complete you will see:

Intimate interviews with club members
Brad and Andy's karaoke kazoo duel
Z in the hot tub icon8.gif
Hot action from the track including Jim Tabor's death defying spinout

And more, coming to a theater near you.

I'm sure lots more pix are coming as soon as everyone gets home.
ThinAir
QUOTE (Howard @ Apr 25 2005, 08:34 PM)

I can hardly wait to see it!
campbellcj
THANKS ! ! ! to all the WCC organizers, sponsors, (very tolerant) venues, and participants. In particular of course Howard and Andy get big thumbs up for keeping everything humming along smoothly.

I hope you all enjoyed the weather and track conditions at Willow today; that's about as good as it ever gets there so we were really blessed by the gods of the high-desert today.

Good to meet y'all and I hope I didn't make too many folks deaf with my car.
campbellcj
Hey... for any of you track junkies who went out early and watched the HSR & VARA guys on the big track, Mark Scott put up some video clips on the bird board a short while ago.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread....threadid=218294

These guys are scary fast...small-displacement, no aero and minimal rubber compared to the 'typical' stuff you often see flying around Willow in the low1:30's.
nebreitling
AWESOME day. i'm so bummed i had to cut out early. would have loved another few sessions...

GREAT JOB ORGANISERS!!! pray.gif pray.gif
campbellcj
I just checked my own in-car cam and, wonders never cease, even though it was not a very quick or interesting session (the 1 and only time I had the camera on), I think the new mount setup worked quite well. Will post in a day or two if I can get it downloaded & edited.
Brando
QUOTE (Howard @ Apr 25 2005, 07:34 PM)
Now if we can just find a video guru to edit mine and all the others that will be coming into a manageable size......

Intimate interviews with club members
Brad and Andy's karaoke kazoo duel
Z in the hot tub icon8.gif
Hot action from the track including Jim Tabor's death defying spinout

And more, coming to a theater near you.

I'm sure lots more pix are coming as soon as everyone gets home.

I've got a copy of Adobe Premier sitting on my desk, got all DivX, Xvid, WMV codecs loaded... Burn 'em to a disk and send them my way I can resize and edit them however you like. Plus spit them out in quicktime/windows media video/divx (whatever flavor you like).
Trekkor
Brad was the last comanche standing. I think the corner workers were telling him he was #1 on his last lap.

Brad rode along with me in that last run group until my brake started to boil again.

Chris, thanks for letting Brad take me out in your race car for those last two laps of the day.

When Brad pulled up to the starter he told us " one lap only".

We begged for two.

As Brad took the car into the start/finish at speed with tires "hotted up", we each had our arms out with one finger up. C'mon!

Starter signaled back "one more".
Awesome hot lap.That car has amazing braking power and Brad put it right on line took it to the limit, as a " this is how you do it " - for me. Thanks and thanks...

KT

siverson
Howard (or anyone) - if you need videos or photos hosted, just upload to my Streamload account:

http://www.streamload.com/Roots/Upload.asp

username: Steve

I'll convert the videos to a streamable format and post them for the group.

-Steve
Toast
QUOTE (drew365 @ Apr 25 2005, 07:53 PM)

I joined brad for the last few final laps! It was a great time and hope we can do it again! driving-girl.gif burnout.gif

....my arms are killing me!
Brad Roberts
Personal Thank you to Andrew and Howard. The track event was ran flawless. I personally was VERY worried about people F-ing off and jacking around. It appeared everyone took it very seriously and stayed safe. Having driven door to door.. it is very hard to trust those around you on the track at the same time (even if they are consistant) so dealing with NON racers adds some stress when you come flying up behind them.

This outing may become a intregal part of future events as we try and nail down a "template" of how these events should be held.

Thanks again. I had a blast.

B
SLITS
The "seriousness" of maintaining line and constantly checking mirrors for the "real racers" was pounded in by the instructors to make it safe. No one was turned loose unless they were able to comprehend what was at stake.

The staffing of the track was flawless. They didn't miss anything. Kudos to them for their abilities.

As far as a template, you have it in your hand for the next one.
Howard
Andy recruited the best of the best Porsche Owners Club instructors and corner workers.

If you are in CA, AZ, or NV, join POC. No BS, no CW nitwits, just solid help teaching you how to drive, maintain, and improve these beasts. They will bring you up from short track all the way to the big time.

You will learn more in a $150 weekend with them than a $1500 day with the big name track schools.
POC

Brad Roberts
The ONLY issue I have with POC... the 3-4 year process to run with them on the big tracks. If you are in SoCal.. they are the only way to go. I have known 2-3 people to bypass the eternal licensing.. and they turned pro a few months after recieving there POC license (Grand Am/ALMS) Things may be different now with the new crew running the show. I want to run some more "streets" events in the near future. We will see. I liked the track.

B
Brad Roberts
Pretty funny:

I told several people that we would be "done" by 3:30.. I got the NO WAY MAN...LOL

I knew most people would be really tired of driving/worn out for the amount of track time given.

B
Aaron Cox
im so bummed....

ill live vicariously through your pics and recaps.... sad.gif
Brad Roberts
Toast,

I didnt get much time to speak with you over the duration of the event, but I wanted to compliment you on your track driving. I watched you get better throughout the day.

Now we need to get the car running better for you. I was behind you during the rallye... It sounded/smelled like you had a leaking injector that is giving you hell.

Keep the 914 female faith. We have lots of really good female 914 drivers on this clubsite.

Oh.. and thanks for helping out with the event..

B
Toast
QUOTE (Brad Roberts @ Apr 26 2005, 10:54 PM)
Toast,

I didnt get much time to speak with you over the duration of the event, but I wanted to compliment you on your track driving. I watched you get better throughout the day.

Now we need to get the car running better for you. I was behind you during the rallye... It sounded/smelled like you had a leaking injector that is giving you hell.

Keep the 914 female faith. We have lots of really good female 914 drivers on this clubsite.

Oh.. and thanks for helping out with the event..

B

THANK YOU! grouphug.gif

Once the rebuild head comes back, the 2.5 stroker is going in that car! rocking nana.gif
The intention was to get the engine swaped before the WCC, but the head was not finished on time.
So I ran what I brung.
It gave me trouble when it was hot, and when I would try to accelerate on an incline (like the straigh-a-way for example.) dry.gif

Thanks for the diagnostic and offer to help.

.........and Your Welcome.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.