Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: BLINKER FLUID-RARE FIND!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Rsjg911
Barn fresh, 2 quarts of OEM blinker fluid for sale at $10/quart plus shipping. This will be enough for 1 car so hurry before they're gone!
smile.gif piratenanner.gif
mobymutt
QUOTE(Rsjg911 @ Dec 5 2016, 08:59 PM) *

Barn fresh, 2 quarts of OEM blinker fluid for sale at $10/quart plus shipping. This will be enough for 1 car so hurry before they're gone!

I'm interested. Can you post some pics? How much for shipping to Canada?

Oh wait, never mind, I need synthetic.
Rsjg911
Yeah, sorry. I won't ship to Canada during the winter as the cold could freeze and denature the fluid.

Good luck though in your quest!
SchwarzHorse
Blinker Fluid WTF.gif
I'd like to see photos
Comparable to Snake Oil for Brembos ?
Blue6
I need a quart, but shipping to California is illegal. We don't allow that hazardous materials crap in our fine state...
Coondog
I have two sets of Muffler bearings if you want to trade for your Blinker fluid !!!

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Rsjg911
QUOTE(Blue6 @ Dec 5 2016, 10:08 PM) *

I need a quart, but shipping to California is illegal. We don't allow that hazardous materials crap in our fine state...

Blue6:
I have a friend from Corleone, Italy that lives in Vegas that I can ship the blinker fluid to. You could meet him there, do the install then cruise back to California in the wee hours with the knowledge and confidence that you will be able to have excellent night vision. No one will know the difference.

Let me know.
Blue6
I'm going to pass. The thought of meeting some Mafia Don in a dark alley in Sin City to purchase an illicit liquid, sent shivers down my spine. Besides, there is an agricultural check point I would have to pass through returning to Ca. Just think if they did a through inspection and found the fluid. I'm not prepared to do 15-20 yrs hard time. biggrin.gif
Rand
This goes around every once in a while. Glad some newbies are getting into it. Can I interest you in some titanium piston return springs? The cast iron ones fail too often.
Rsjg911
QUOTE(Blue6 @ Dec 6 2016, 01:52 AM) *

I'm going to pass. The thought of meeting some Mafia Don in a dark alley in Sin City to purchase an illicit liquid, sent shivers down my spine. Besides, there is an agricultural check point I would have to pass through returning to Ca. Just think if they did a through inspection and found the fluid. I'm not prepared to do 15-20 yrs hard time. biggrin.gif

Blue6:

Mr. Don Corleone just informed me that it would be VERY disrespectful NOT to accept his generosity. In fact, he mentioned your new moniker might as well be Blue6FeetUnder if you continue to refuse to consummate the deal. From what I hear, his brother-in-law, Johnny 4 Banger, was put on alert should you continue to insult The Donald.

Please, won't you reconsider?

By the way, Mr. Corleone told me to tell you the price of the blinker fluid is now $1000/quart and he will only accept circulated bills no larger than a twenty.

Cheers! sawzall-smiley.gif
BarberDave
Blinker fluid is made in N. West Ohio, yes a rare find, but with my ability for the deal

I have got a very fair price for The 914 World Members only !

5.00 a Qt. ,$120.00 per case, only 1 on the face of the globe. But the problem is you

can,t ship from Ohio,unless there is a full harvest moon. The next one is in 6 months.

So at great risk to me. I can get this item to the Windy City , when there Mr. Corleone

will ship to the Lower 48 For FREE using his vast transportation network for only $1.00

included is his standard Policy ( 4 days or 40 feet) . Call 666- 4321 , first come first

served !!!!!! GOOD LUCK AND ALWAYS CHECK YOUR BACK !!!!!!!!

YOURS IN THE PUREST OF THOUGHT ! BARBERDAVE
76-914
WTF.gif Your a couple of weeks late with that tired joke. Check out the garage where it is currently circulating, again. shades.gif
Blue6
QUOTE(76-914 @ Dec 6 2016, 05:38 AM) *

WTF.gif Your a couple of weeks late with that tired joke. Check out the garage where it is currently circulating, again. shades.gif

No Kent, you are so very wrong. In the garage, some one was taking a pole and wasting teener time with superfluous conversation. You and I both know there is no such thing as fully synthetic blinker fluid. Searching old barns, Rsjg911 has found two quarts of real NOS (Dino) blinker fluid. I just wish it wasn't a felony to possess in Ca... smile.gif
76-914
QUOTE(Blue6 @ Dec 6 2016, 08:47 AM) *

QUOTE(76-914 @ Dec 6 2016, 05:38 AM) *

No Kent, you are so very wrong. In the garage, some one was taking a pole and wasting teener time with superfluous conversation. You and I both know there is no such thing as fully synthetic blinker fluid. Searching old barns, Rsjg911 has found two quarts of real NOS (Dino) blinker fluid. I just wish it wasn't a felony to possess in Ca... smile.gif

Right. drunk.gif
914_teener
icon_bump.gif

GLWTS
AZBanks
QUOTE(Blue6 @ Dec 5 2016, 11:52 PM) *

15-20 years hard time?????? That's not what I heard.
The penalties for blinker fluid are pretty light. You'll be out in a flash.
Blue6
av-943.gif
Rsjg911
I just heard through the grapevine that a cache of 6-1/2 cases was found in Atlanta in the ME department of Georgia Tech. Maybe we should put together a GROUP PURCHASE.

Anyone interested?
dtkennedy930
QUOTE(Rsjg911 @ Dec 5 2016, 07:59 PM) *

I'm fairly new to 914s. I previously missed out on the sale of the Lucas Replacement Wiring Harness Smoke Service Kit (PN 530433), along with the very rare Churchill Tool 18G548BS adapter tube and metering valve needed for my '62 E-Type. Do you know if I can happen to use Porsche OEM blinker fluid as a substitute for the Lucas smoke replacement on my Jaguar? If so, will the Porsche OEM blinker fluid work with Lucas wiring and those bullet connectors? I've read the reverse is not true and that this Lucas smoke refill would also work only on Fiat and Alfa of the Magneti Marelli vintage, not when they switched electrical to Bosch.

Thanks in advance for the help.

http://www3.telus.net/bc_triumph_registry/smoke.htm

mgp4591
QUOTE(AZBanks @ Dec 6 2016, 08:01 PM) *

Especially after the New Year - California passed the law making it legal to possess ALL types of blinker fluid for recreational use.... smoke.gif
AZBanks
QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Dec 8 2016, 08:44 PM) *

QUOTE(AZBanks @ Dec 6 2016, 08:01 PM) *

Especially after the New Year - California passed the law making it legal to possess ALL types of blinker fluid for recreational use.... smoke.gif

Are you sure it is all kinds??

I heard that california only allows blinker fluid for those who want to go left.
Mikey914
Don't worry, we're working on reproducing blinker fluid !! biggrin.gif
socal1200r
I'm in...I'll put it up on the shelf, next to my 3 yards of flight line, my left-handed crescent wrench, bucket of prop wash, etc...!
N_Jay
QUOTE(dtkennedy930 @ Dec 8 2016, 06:30 PM) *

QUOTE(Rsjg911 @ Dec 5 2016, 07:59 PM) *

I'm fairly new to 914s. I previously missed out on the sale of the Lucas Replacement Wiring Harness Smoke Service Kit (PN 530433), along with the very rare Churchill Tool 18G548BS adapter tube and metering valve needed for my '62 E-Type. Do you know if I can happen to use Porsche OEM blinker fluid as a substitute for the Lucas smoke replacement on my Jaguar? If so, will the Porsche OEM blinker fluid work with Lucas wiring and those bullet connectors? I've read the reverse is not true and that this Lucas smoke refill would also work only on Fiat and Alfa of the Magneti Marelli vintage, not when they switched electrical to Bosch.

Thanks in advance for the help.

http://www3.telus.net/bc_triumph_registry/smoke.htm

Be careful with that replacement Lucas smoke.
There are two different kinds, but they both have the same number.
There is the under dash smoke and the under hood smoke. They are not interchangeable, however for some reason either will work for taillight smoke from the rear.
Now don't confuse this with transmission tunnel wiring smoke, as that has a different color and part number.
I have not found a way around this problem ,except much as the rear brake parts on my GT6-MKIII, you have to order several sets and send back what does not fit.
dcecc1968
Is anyone selling early blinker fluid, I have a 70 914 S with dual carbs ... oh wait I forgot, a different fluid was used for the "S" model, never mind.
3stewarts
Click to view attachment

I received some as an early Christmas gift!
I truly have a lot to be thankful for!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.