Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Let's do some lines
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
hmeeder
Fiddling with an oil cooler installation and wondering what others have done to route their oil lines. Down the rockers makes the most sense, but then there's the gap area from the front end of the rocker to the trunk area. The tank vent lines have to be exposed to the outside world inside the front fender, but oil lines? I don't want to go into the passenger compartment (this is going to be a trackable street car. If it were a strict track vehicle, no problem.) Someone had suggested in the grooves under the floor pan that flank the tunnel, but that seems terribly exposed. Inside the longs? (I won't be keeping the heat) I would still have to go through the front firewall and then through into the front trunk. None of the solutions I am looking at seem very elegant. Any thoughts, pictures or experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks in Advance!

Herb
Aaron Cox
herb,

good to see you posting.
i did a thread on this about a month back...similar questions....streetable still.
when i do mine it will be under the rocker panels or through the longs...
hmeeder
thanks Aaron,

Yeah, Mike and Scott and Gint all convinced me the other night at dinner to lurk less and participate more. I've got a couple of projects all running concurrently, so you will see more of me here, like it or not!

I've got an RX7 oil cooler for the 2.4 Sean and I are building. I'm really looking forward to what this car will be able to do, but I've got to take care of a couple of things first. You saw my car and I've never cut into it yet. I want to make sure I'm doing it right before taking the plunge.

Alberto is selling me a 19mm MC for the brake upgrade (gotta have some stop for the extra go!) which will be going in hopefully in the next week or so.

I'll search for oil line thread. See you around the Ranch!
john rogers
Hi Herb, haven't seen you in a while!? On my race car I run the lines through the right side longitudinal and they exit the heater opening at the front . The lines are attached to the fenderwell and firewall in side and then go through a grommeted hole to the front trunk. They are covered with carpet and they are not in the way at all. I was really hesitant about having them exposed or under the car. A street car would worry me even more since the roads in San Diego are worse than even the race course in Tecate......
d914
track car but mine run on the passsenger floor. SS always looks good as an interior option!!!
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (john rogers @ Apr 26 2005, 08:08 AM)
Hi Herb, haven't seen you in a while!? On my race car I run the lines through the right side longitudinal and they exit the heater opening at the front . The lines are attached to the fenderwell and firewall in side and then go through a grommeted hole to the front trunk. They are covered with carpet and they are not in the way at all. I was really hesitant about having them exposed or under the car. A street car would worry me even more since the roads in San Diego are worse than even the race course in Tecate......

john, can you post some pics of the lines after they exit the heater tube?

much appreciated.

AAron
john rogers
I'll try to remember to get a pic or two tonight. You can not normally see them as they are covered with black carpet.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.