Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oh My Gawd!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
djm914-6
Now I have seen it all. I always thought the super stretch Lincoln Navagators were a little too much, but after seeing a VERY long super strech Hummer painted on American Flag motife (see the RC hummer on my web site) I can't imagine anything more in excess. While there is a certain coolness about the hummer, especially one painted in these colors, this thing ws just too much. My only question is; WHY? flag.gif
tryan
vehicles like that are purchased to extend ones manhood.

i don't see the point anymore, since there are pharmaceuticals now that can alleviate such short comings.
(pun expressly intended. lol)
tat2dphreak
QUOTE(tryan @ Jun 26 2003, 11:50 AM)
vehicles like that are purchased to extend ones manhood.

of course many people have said the same thing about people who drive a porsche as well...

happy11.gif
seanery
not 914's though ohmy.gif
BCinSC
Original Hummer or H2?pissoff.gif
need4speed
I've got a buddy who's about the most enthusiastic flag-waver you could imagine. He'll probably continue voting republican from prison after they bust his ass for pot smoking. headbang.gif

He'd buy a Hummer in a second if he could ever get that kind of money. And he'd probably paint it Red-White-and-Blue too. (RWB color-change paint). barf.gif

He drives a Caddy, and says that the 914 is a "girlie car".

And the Germans are all Communists. Actually, any country other than the USA is Communist, according to this guy. He's fun to drink with though. I guess. flag.gif
djm914-6
Actually, I love the paint job. It looked a lot like the RC Hummer I painted. What I don't understand is the super strech part. A strech limo for the right occasion is or for business is one thing, but this thing is all about being flashy. I guess I never understood why one would drive (or ride) in a vehicle that's only purpose was to say 'look at me'. Sure, I like car that are considered flashy my most of the public, but I would only buy or drive it if it was enjoyable for me. Think Ferrari or Turbo Porsche. I can't see how one could enjoy this beast.

Bruce, it was an H1.

Another odd observation is the number of H2 Hummers I see on the road. Man, these things are ugly. And when you add color change paint or fly yellow, they get uglier. I'd bet that 99% of these never see more dirt than on the average highway. Did anyone see the H2 that got stuck in the mud at the Hershey Hill Climb this year? Too funny.
Curvie Roadlover
Just a side note about Hummers- and I think I mentioned this once before on the BBS. According to J. D. Powers and Associates, the Hummer was ranked #1 for customer complaints after the original purchase. And the #1 complaint from new owners? POOR MILEAGE!!!. wacko.gif Didn't they notice that these are 1,000,000 lb tanks? That's like Aztec owners complaining after they bought one, that they're ugly blink.gif
EdwardBlume
Ever had a jacked up SUV sitting behind you with their headlights rammed up your butt??? Or see that 6 thousand pound indy car on the freeway lane-jockeying at high speeds with a cell phone in her ear???

I dig SUVs - have one, but with power comes responsibility......

IMO- the Hummer should be called the Exterminator!
djm914-6
Since it hasn't been said yet and it's Friday...

I like Hummers!

mueba.gif
Jeffs9146
Hummina, hummina, hummina mueba.gif stones.gif

Jeff
rhodyguy
everyone who drives one will get keyed eventually. right at the door infront of the store, 2 spots minimum. there should be a $10k dope tax for anybody who purchases them.

kevin
Qarl
I guess he's trying to prove that SUVs DON'T support terrorism! They are very American!
Curvie Roadlover
They support OPEC
djm914-6
More Hummer Madness...
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(Curvie Roadlover @ Jun 26 2003, 04:13 PM)
... the #1 complaint from new owners? POOR MILEAGE!!!. wacko.gif Didn't they notice that these are 1,000,000 lb tanks? ...

there may be more to this than the raw data suggests... it all has to do with user expectations. if i'm told to expect 10 mpg and i get it, i have no cause for complaint. if i'm told to expect 10 mpg but i actually get 5, i'm gonna complain about BAD GAS MILEAGE.

i actually kinda like the H2 but could never actually consider such a thing (i think it'd be cool with a custom airbrush paint job, painted like a big Borg cube, tho ...)
Aaron Cox
..biggest flag waver... communism...

as said in the movie head of state, "God bless the USA,....and No where else!!! " laugh.gif
EdwardBlume
With the H2 wreck, I hope I never see that grill coming my way in the 914! You see what it did to that truck!!!! Geeezzz!!!!

headbang.gif
djm914-6
another Hummer wreck... 911 VS Hummer H1
redshift
QUOTE(djm914-6 @ Jul 12 2003, 07:19 PM)
another Hummer wreck... 911 VS Hummer H1

heh

Hey, Hummer vs Cayenne next! Please!

M
Scott S
I had a 94 diesel, then a 97 turbo. How can you complain about mileage? What would you expect in something that big. Some peoples kids....

The 94 had heated front windows that were also rock catchers - and when they cracked the no longer defrosted. The heater did nothing, and the factory alignment specs made the thing eat tires. The three piece wheels would also continually go out of round. It was also unbelievably loud in the cabin.

The 97 was a lux model - full leather, every single toy/option. (very cool on board welder). It had most of the above junk fixed. On this truck the problem was axel seals. I had them all replaced at least twice. Not cool.

The new trucks are a joke. They are mini vans. They do not have half the abilities of the old trucks. By modulating the H1"S brakes with the accelerator you could get out of nearly any tough spot. I couldnt believe some of the stuff we put that thing up on. I used this as a tech supprt vehicle in the ski industry. We litterally let the air out of the tires and crawled the thing to the TOP of Vail to do a demo several times. It was great. Then at the end of the day, the patrol would do the last sweep and we would crawl back down, hit the button to re-inflate and be on our way. This is the only pic I have. It is the 94. Nearly two feet of fresh snow on our way up to the top of Purgatory Ski Resort in Durango , CO. Fun day!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.