Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vendor recommendations for powder coating and CAD plating
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RoadGlue
Hey guys,

I have a pile of engine tin and hardware that needs to be blasted, powder coated or CAD plating. I'm fine shipping it out (I'm in N. Cal).

Any recommendations?

A related question. If I send out parts that need to be blasted and powder coated, do they take the time to tape off threading and other tolerance sensitive areas?

Thanks!

Randy
Mueller
See this thread below, a few options ranging from high end for darn near museum restorations or for daily drivers.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...&hl=plating
RoadGlue
Very educational thread.

Thanks Mike!
madmax914
I have always sent my zinc plated parts to Bruce Stone(bdstone914), he can have them coated in either silver zinc or gold zinc. He puts together a load of parts from other members and takes it all in when he had an amount that will get the best price. Only thing is the parts have to be blasted or rust and corrosion free.

As for the powder coated parts, just about every town has a powder coater. My local guy will sand blast everything and coat it to the colors I ask for. My last batch was control arms, struts, and trailing arms and it was about $175. He will tape off all milled surfaces and protect threaded areas. I tag all my parts with wire tags and use a red Sharpie on all milled surfaces, the threaded holes go without saying.
Krieger
Hey Randy! I know there is a place in Rohnert Park and another one in Ukiah. I do not know about the quality of their work though.
McMark
Vaider powder coating in Rohnert Park.
(707) 584-3655
541 Martin Ave # 2
Rohnert Park CA 94928

A&A plating in Sac (just mail then a box). But it's zinc not cad.
(916) 442-1063
8290 Alpine Dr
Sacramento CA 95826
ConeDodger
QUOTE(McMark @ Dec 10 2016, 02:59 AM) *

Vaider powder coating in Rohnert Park.
(707) 584-3655
541 Martin Ave # 2
Rohnert Park CA 94928

A&A plating in Sac (just mail then a box). But it's zinc not cad.
(916) 442-1063
8290 Alpine Dr
Sacramento CA 95826

Because CAD would be illegal. dry.gif
Jett
Our 73 is all cadmium (yellow and silver) plated by Queen City, VERY expensive stuff, but they do great work and are easy to work with.

Queen City Plating. http://www.queencityplating.com
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.