Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Reunited
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
viper11511
Hello all! I recently acquired a 1975 914 2.0. This car brings back childhood dreams as it was owned by a neighbor. I would see and hear it coming and going for maybe a decade. Always admiring it. The neighbors eventually moved and I lost track of the car. Fast forward maybe 20 years and I find out someone I actually know owns the car and it has been sitting in a garage for all those years. The second I lay eyes on it the memories come back. I want it! Fortunately for me his wife wants it gone and he decides to sell it to me. I am again reunited with a childhood dream. It runs and drives and needs but needs some love which I am currently working on. As a car enthusiast I belong to a few other forums and and excited to be a part of this one. Happy Holidays all and I look forward to knowing you all a little better soon!
SirAndy
welcome.png
mark04usa
beerchug.gif Looks like a real fine car from the photos. Please keep us posted...esp. with more photos beerchug.gif
turk22
great story, welcome!

welcome.png
mgp4591
That's a cool story that ended well - very nice!
welcome.png
ottox914
Fun story and looks like it will clean up well.
viper11511
Thanks all for the warm welcome! I appreciate it! I will keep you posted. First item is using the heck out of the search feature on this forum! Much to learn! Looks like I have a great group of teachers! Ha!
Cairo94507
welcome.png Definitely a nice story and the car looks to be in good condition too. Before you tackle getting it back on the road, read through a bunch of the "bringing it back to life" threads on here. That will give you a nice road map and hopefully allow you to get it back on the road easier. beerchug.gif
jmill
Awesome story! My love for these little cars started when a neighbor had a silver 6 with factory rear flares. Unfortunately, the car was lost in a house fire. I'm glad your story has a much happier ending.

welcome.png
Steve
welcome.png
Congrats!!
My dad had a hopped up vw bug sleeper. Dual webers, etc. My neighbor also had a 4 banger 914. The other neighbors thought my dad had a Porsche motor in his bug, because it sounded like the 914. I always loved that 914 and eventually bought one. My neighbor eventually sold his 914 and bought a real six. He gave me a ride in it and I was amazed how fast that thing could get to 100 mph and brake down to zero again. It was only a matter of time before I built a six.
Larmo63
welcome.png

Black is the sexiest color for a 914!!!!
Olympic 914
Congrats.. Good to see these come out of hiding.

Good luck
and

welcome.png
76-914
welcome.png Nice looking car. Like those wheels. beerchug.gif
Rsjg911
welcome.png
Black and baby burners. Gotta love that!
Enjoy your most excellent acquisition.
viper11511
Again what a great welcome from you all! Thank you again! Right now I am reading through the manuals and the stack of receipts on anything done to the car since new. I think I have like 5 keys! Ha! Four red keys and one black. I will have to look into that. And thanks for the heads up on the threads to search for. Looks like I have some reading to do! I see 914's come with a few styles of wheels and mine are burners? I will do some searching before asking to many more questions! Ha! Thanks again all and have a great Saturday!
Toast
Congratulations!!

welcome.png

driving-girl.gif driving.gif beerchug.gif
914-300Hemi
:nice looking car.
whitetwinturbo
santa_smiley.gif santa_smiley.gif santa_smiley.gif
green914
welcome.png
ConeDodger
QUOTE(viper11511 @ Dec 10 2016, 03:14 PM) *

Again what a great welcome from you all! Thank you again! Right now I am reading through the manuals and the stack of receipts on anything done to the car since new. I think I have like 5 keys! Ha! Four red keys and one black. I will have to look into that. And thanks for the heads up on the threads to search for. Looks like I have some reading to do! I see 914's come with a few styles of wheels and mine are burners? I will do some searching before asking to many more questions! Ha! Thanks again all and have a great Saturday!

Red keys = valet, black key = everything. Should be 2 liter Fuchs wheels. Maybe someone liked those better? welcome.png

Are you in South Dakota?
914Sixer
From what I see it was an expensive 75. Black was special paint and appearance group in addition to the Mahle wheels. 2.0L and console only add to value.

welcome.png
krazykonrad
welcome.png

Konrad
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.