Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help identify part
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
IanStott
I am in the middle of dismantling my car and have the gas tank out, there are three hoses at the firewall one in the middle is small, only 2 outlets from gas tank. Any idea what the little one is? I also took the hoses for the windshield squirters off and there is a solenoid looking thing tied in to that system, what is that? I was guessing it is maybe a booster of some kind. All thoughts appreciated. I know everyone likes pics, so do I, even bought a digital camera for this project but can't seem to get the hang of posting pics.

Ian Stott
Moncton
ClayPerrine
I would bet that your car is a 74 or newer. That little line under the gas tank is the vacuum line for the vapor return to the charcoal canister. It attaches to the driver's side fitting on the overflow tank. In the engine compartment it attaches to the small fitting on the charcoal canister.

As for the solenoid lookking thing, it sounds like the wiper delay relay that was an option, but I can't say for sure without a picture.
McMark
Check here for image posting: 914Club FAQ
davep
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

Mostly because it sounds like a PO has been changing things.
The solenoid thing could be a pump or an electrical valve. That means more searching to see how that was operated.

Keep the picture within size limits, use jpg format and don't try a preview.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.