914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
simonjb
Hi,

Can someone tell me if this is a standard or modified exhaust? thanks

Click to view attachment
TravisNeff
That is an aftermarket exhaust, looks like a bursch
TheCabinetmaker
That looks to be a really crappy Bursch. The new ones have the ten dollar muffler at the wrong angle and it hits the pipes. They then take a hammer to it and"dent" the muffler to fit. Heat from the pipe then melts the skin of the cheap muffler. The paint was still wet on the last one I installed and it burned off on first start up. 3" hole appeared in muffler in less than a thousand miles.
GeorgeRud
That does look like the 'quiet' Bursch exhaust. They also sold one with a glass pack muffler that got loud very quickly, but supposedly added horsepower. We're actually quite popular back in the day, but you don't see them as much these days - guess that makes them 'rare' and 'vintage' on eBay! biggrin.gif
carcus
Looks like the Bursch I have on my 1976. I had to really restore it as it had quite a bit of rust. Keep it, just sand it down, put some high temp paint and run it. The tip can be replaced...they are cheap.
carcus
And...LOL, my floor pan looks like your exhaust.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.