Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear suspension question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ninefourteener
I've posted on this before.. but it's really starting to bother me. The rear end of my car sits up to high, and needs to be brought down.

From what I gather, I need a set of adjustable Koni's.

Do I need new springs too?

Anyway.... after the rock I just bought, I probably shouldn't spend a whole lot, so I'm posting this to see if anyone out there can hook me up at a good price on something that's maybe used..... so long as it still works.

Not promising I'm going to buy..... that depends on cost. Anyone wanna offer me a good deal on what I need?

(I'll be happy to send you the KYBs on there now..... only have a few miles on them)--LOL

Matt
Jeroen
you need shorter springs
if you buy new koni's you still need to buy new springs (and idealy a set of adjustable spring perches)
ninefourteener
Hmmm... can I just have mine cut then??
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (ninefourteener @ Apr 26 2005, 12:22 PM)
Hmmm... can I just have mine cut then??

old trick. it stiffens up mucho then.

what shocks do you have on there?

Bilsteins have a 6 position ride height perch on them....
or just buy some new springs (less than 100 bucks) that are shorter.

welt 140/180 springs are 1.5 inches shorter than their 100 lb springs
ninefourteener
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Apr 26 2005, 11:24 AM)

That wouldn't bother me at all.... I like a stiff riding car.

However, I'd be more concerned with wearing out my shocks. Will that happen?

right now... kyb shocks on there
Mueller
QUOTE (ninefourteener @ Apr 26 2005, 12:35 PM)
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Apr 26 2005, 11:24 AM)

That wouldn't bother me at all.... I like a stiff riding car.

However, I'd be more concerned with wearing out my shocks. Will that happen?

right now... kyb shocks on there

as long as the shocks do not bottom out, no damage will occur....the only issue you might have is making sure the spring still sits correctly on the perch....
anthony
You could always get the threaded adjustable spring perch adaptors that people use with Konis. If you already have progressive rate springs cutting off a coil on the side were the springs are close together shouldn't be a big deal.

Mueller
QUOTE (anthony @ Apr 26 2005, 12:49 PM)
You could always get the threaded adjustable spring perch adaptors that people use with Konis. If you already have progressive rate springs cutting off a coil on the side were the springs are close together shouldn't be a big deal.

yes, he "could" do it correctly, but since he was too cheap to buy decent shocks, he's too cheap to buy the coil-over kit smile.gif

I'd just cut the spring, do half a coil or so and install it, see if you like it, if not, repeat welder.gif

stock coils are cheap and pretty much a throw away item....
Eric_Shea
Put the "rock" in the trunk. That'll make it sit lower... blink.gif
brant
After you figure out your ride height...
you really need to do a rear alignment too.

so you may want to just leave it alone for now and not open up that can of worms.

brant
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.